As an event manager, you would be managing daily booking and organising wedding, conferences, seminars and exhibitions, as well as all other parties and corporate events.
You'll manage the whole process from the booking, planning, and organising right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation. The role is primarily hands-on and often involves working as part of a team.
- Liaison with clients to find out their exact event requirements and book their event accordingly.
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including entire setup, decorations, venues, suppliers, legal obligations and timings)
- Research suppliers and contractors, then negotiate prices and choose best service provider with management approval
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics
- Liaise with sales and marketing teams to publicise and promote the wedding venue
- Manage all pre-event planning and organising
- Coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
- Organise facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality
- Manage guest feedback on each event
- Research opportunities for new clients and events