To collect, update and maintain records of assets across the Seaboard Group of companies.
The post holder will be assigned to the Accounts Department and will work with the Office Manager (for requests on availability of assets such as computer and electronic equipment, chairs, desks etc.) and provide updates to the Operations Manager periodically.
The role may also require undertaking other duties as and when required.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1 Maintain an updated asset register for all entities of the Seaboard Group.
The register will include details such as:
- Name of Asset
- Description of Asset
- Purchase price
- Purchase date
- Name of Purchaser
- Name of purchasing entity within the Seaboard Group of companies
- Physical location of asset
- Date of last inspection
- Photographs of the asset
- Tag ID for the asset
- Date of upcoming maintenance and PAT test
- Site visits to conduct visual inspections of the assets, inventory etc, recording the condition / working quality of these where applicable, as well as taking photographs of these for records
- Where new assets have been purchased, the candidate will be required to update the asset register (and all corresponding systems and records including manual or electronic) to show the new asset, as well as tracking the purchase price of these assets.
- The purchase prices will be shared with Accounts and Finance teams to ensure these are recorded correctly where required by the respective teams (e.g. checked against budget allocation for such purchases, or, appropriate depreciation/accounting treatment provided, etc.)
- Build relationships and liaise with heads of operation for each entity (and any necessary junior / on-the-ground staff to provide updates of assets/inventory etc.).
- This will be important as the heads of operation will place purchase requests, and prior to approval there will be a check against the asset register to see if the items are already located within the Group.
- Furthermore, the candidate will be liaising with heads of operations/junior staff to keep up to date on any changes to the asset register (including disposals), as well as conducting physical inspections at agreed intervals.
- Report findings and updated lists to the Accounts Department (this allows Accounts team to ensure that there is an up-to-date asset register, and therefore comply with any associated statutory requirements). Supporting any audits of asset register and assets, providing input to the respective auditor (this might occur once a year)
- Mutual sharing of information with Office Manager regarding any purchase requests coming from Office Manager where the items may already exist in a spare capacity within the Seaboard Group of companies.