Who we are:
Shams Power is scaling up and expanding its portfolio of Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Solar Projects, and is looking for an exceptional Operations Manager to be a part of its dynamic and result driven team. At Shams, we ensure a progressive working environment, where every individual gets an opportunity to learn and make an impact every day.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for company-owned Solar Power Plants installed at customer sites.
- Analyze systems and equipment when necessary to find inefficiencies or malfunctions and create solutions to optimize performance and increase the efficiency of operations
- Lead the engineering effort supporting maintenance team, renovation and repair projects for the existing Solar Power Plants.
- Analyses new materials and equipment invoice to improve the current engineering practices for efficiency, while also optimizing cost management so that the overall cost stays under the budget
- Analyze and preparing all the company-related all short term and long-term maintenance strategies.
- Supervise all the preventive maintenance procedures on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Coordination of installation schedules; management of staffing to ensure on time completion.
- Coordination of permitting for projects.
- Prepare bid packages and procure materials and services as needed.
- Create project budget based upon quotes and bids; track project costs.
- Perform regular check-ins with job superintendents to gauge project progress.
- Serve as point-of-contact for customers/clients during each project.
- Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
- Maintaining records and databases.
- Troubleshooting issues relating to installations
- Minimum Bachelor’s’ s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years solar project management experience will be a plus
- 5+ years previous experience in project management/operations.
- Experience and understanding of Distributed Generation Solar projects.
- Solid understanding of Project Management process.
- Ability to problem solve both personnel issues and project issues on-site as well as off-site
- Ability to travel regionally, depending on project location
- Strong communication skills.
- Good motivational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Awareness of internal and external customer needs
Market Competitive Salary will be offered.
You will be part of a thriving team atmosphere that likes to have fun, will root for your success, and challenge you to grow.