STARZ PLAY is a subscription video on demand service headquartered in Dubai and available in 19 countries in the MENA region. Our service streams thousands of blockbuster Hollywood movies, TV shows, documentaries, kids’ entertainment and dedicated Arabic content to subscribers in the region. This is what makes us the fastest-growing SVOD service in the region.
Due to huge success with expansion into new markets, we are opening an R&D Center in Lahore, Pakistan. Come join us and help to build great new technology in Lahore!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Own the performance and reliability of the services we manage.
- Maintain AWS deployment and configuration tools (Puppet, Terraform, etc.) and transform them into a robust system to auto-scale our plateform.
- Write high quality code (primarily Bash) and author tools that improve developer productivity.
- Own server and Docker image configurations, collaborating with engineering teams to balance requirements for performance, reliability and cost- effectiveness.
- Build better measurement system.
- Writing automation scripts to help deployment cycle.
- Build software to help other departments (such as Product & Marketing team) to have a better view on the system.
- Help development team to understand the error causes on production environment.
Required Knowledge and Expertise:
- DevOps, Technical Engineers, or System Administration.
- Experience on running production environment on AWS.
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Jenkins plugins.
- Log analysis and troubleshooting the production environment.
- Performance tuning sense on web servers, cache servers and database.
- ELK, Mesos/Marathan (DC OS), Kubernetes, Zipkins, Splunk etc.
- Bsc. in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of relevant experience.