This position reports to the Manager of End User system design and implementation. As an integral part of the infrastructure and operations teams, the SAN Storage, Virtualization, Backup and Recovery Administrator is responsible for the architecture, tuning and maintenance of our customers, corporate data backup, recovery and SAN-Based storage needs in a 24 x 7 environment. Working with industry experts and other IT and business teams, the SAN Storage, Backup and Recovery Administrator is responsible for achieving overall technical integrity, data availability, recoverability and administration of the organization’s storage and backup infrastructure.
· Conduct hardware and software review and assessment for backup and Disaster Recovery (DR) , Server, storage and visualization for Pre-Sales and Post sales Support.
· Interface with sales and engineering teams to design, implement and support standards-based, cost effective solutions.
· Develop and maintain a library of supporting documents.
· Work with Manager to develop and promote standard operating procedures.
· Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
· Perform software installations and upgrades to storage operating systems and layered software packages.
· Troubleshoot problems and respond to escalation and performance repairs as needed.
· Monitor and perform follow-ups sales and support issues related to pending sales or support.
· Keep appraised of SAN and storage, backup and recovery technology changes, advances and enhancements.
· Work with Manager to develop, publish and enforce system architecture standards.
· Provide detailed professional technical documentation for both procedures and diagrams on all of the above accountabilities.
· Detail knowledge of windows servers, Linux, VMware, hyperV, SAN(iSCSI), Fiber, NAS (NFS,CIFS)
· Acting Subject Matter Expert on Storage, VMware, Backup and Recovery functions
· Minimum 5 years experience of information technology
· Minimum 5 years experience of server hardware
· Minimum 5 years experience of Storage administration
· Minimum 5 years experience of Virtualization (preferred VMware)
· Minimum 5 years experience of Backup architecture, support and administration (Acronis, Veeam)
· Minimum 5 years experience of SAN fabric management (iSCSI, NAS)
· Project management experience including: timeline planning, resource allocation and budget control
· Working knowledge of Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2012
· Working knowledge of SharePoint 2003/2007/2010
· Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
· Working knowledge of Firewalls and Security as they relate to Storage & Backup
· Excellent problem solving skills required
· Excellent Team Building skills required
· Excellent Time management required
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Strong ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects required
· Excellent learning skills required
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills required
· Team Building Skills and People management experience required
· Ability to provide results with minimal supervision
StoneFly is an IT Infrastructure-focused business unit of Dynamic Network Factory (DNF Corp) a member of the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), the founding member of the IP Storage Institute (IPSI), a VMware TAP Elite Partner, and a VMware Professional Solution Provider Partner. Ston ...مزید پڑھیں