Data entery and day to day accounting
1. Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
2. Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
3. Preparing budgeted and forecasted financial statements.
1. Update standard costs
2. Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
3. Validate the cost of sales as part of the month-end closing procedure
4. Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
Performance Evaluation and Asset Management
1. Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
2. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of financial accounting data, including areas that require significant judgment
3. Report on breakeven points by products, and work centers
4. Report on margins by product and division
5. Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
6. Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
7. Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
8. Analyze capital budgeting requests
9. Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
10. Various special projects, as needed
11. Ad hoc reporting as requested by management
Desired Qualifications: 3+ years of cost accounting experience in service industry. Also, a master’s degree or certification in cost accounting, as well as excellent analysis skills, and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team. Also helpful to have experience manipulating large databases.
Working Conditions: The cost accountant generally works in an office environment, but is expected to be highly familiar with all production operations, and to regularly visit all significant company operations.