VisionX is a fast-growing machine vision product company headquartered in New York City with a unique mission to build innovative machine vision systems and products that enhance human productivity. Our business operating model is backed by our ‘mindset’ principles that serve as a guiding framework to work relentlessly each day towards our purpose of becoming the most desirable innovation company in the world by future proofing humanity, businesses, and society.
VisionX between its HQ1 at New York City and HQ2 at Islamabad continues to develop and deploy digital products across the globe for many renowned brands and Fortune 500. We place people outside their comfort zones and help them develop a new mindset so they can live a self-aware life and realize their potential. VisionX leadership strongly believes in giving back and in the process of activating digital health initiatives through its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – Sehr Foundation.
As, a Python Developer you would help us to create and improve our VisionX product portfolio and work on other client projects. You would need exceptional skills in programming and also have knowledge of data science, big data and software engineering. You are always on a lookout to unlock and maximize your real potential. You dream big, hustle, take risks, and never quit.
· Build scalable, efficient, and high-performance software around our data analytics platform to help us expand its reporting, analytics & machine learning capabilities.
· Be the owner and creator of the analytical data lakes over our VisionX products.
· Build out frameworks and services for our Machine Learning services, systems, and dashboards.
· Interact with business users, other development, and testing teams.
· Follow coding best practices-Unit testing, design/code reviews, code coverage, documentation, etc.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
· Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
· Respond quickly to bug fixes and enhancement requests and be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision.
· Work with and help implement data models/data schema’s for data scientists & data analyst to build visualizations & statistical/predictive models.
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science, with at least 2+ years of experience
· Expertise in Python, Conda, SQL, Pandas, NumPy and Spark
· Extensive expertise in Django
· Experience with Data Warehousing, ETL Pipelines, large complex data sets, complex SQL queries/NoSQL platforms
· Experience is designing Data Models (Data schema)
· Worked with Github, Microsoft SQL Server/MongoDB or another DBMS, AWS & GCP
· Worked with CI/CD tools; Jenkins, etc.
· Been part of a distributed software engineering team
· Some experience with big data technologies such as Kafka, Spark, and others
· Experience with RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
· Expertise in Docker or other containerization software
· Desire to bring new and innovative solutions to the table to resolve challenging software issues as they may develop throughout the product lifecycle
· Sound knowledge of repeatable automated processes for building, testing, documenting and deploying an application at scale
· Been on at least one “death march” and know exactly why some things are to be avoided;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, taking the initiative to recommend and develop innovative solutions
- Master’s in Computer Science
- Fluency in Python stack for data processing, visualization and modeling (Matplotlib/Seaborn)
- Worked for visualization development on Enterprise Tools (Tableau, Power BI)
- Worked on integration of Enterprise BI tools
· Understanding of data mining & machine learning concepts
We live each day through the VisionX Mindset principles. We expect you to read, understand, and come prepared to talk about execution of similar principles at your prior job or in your daily life.
We are customer obsessed
We are self-aware
We seek to understand
We take ownership
We dive deep
We respect each other
We are optimistic
We win as a team
We do more with less
We give back to the community
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.