To function as a specialist-level software developer/programmer and technical lead in a manner that is consistent with the defined SDLC processes and methodologies as established by the technology leadership.
Follow our software development practices and methodologies
Participate in scrum ceremonies, including Story Pointing, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives
Estimate time and effort by defining and planning development tasks
Create and execute unit test cases
Write code consistent with defined technology stack and standards
Facilitate and assist in design sessions
Technical mentor for other software developers
May act as a technical lead on some projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field experience preferred
- 10 or more years of relevant professional experience in software testing
- 10 or more years of dedicated work with the following Microsoft technologies; C#, .Net
- 7 or more years in the following technologies: Relational database development (such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
- 5 or more years implementing a SOA with emphasis on RESTful services (using technologies such as WebAPI)
- 3 or more years of professional experience with the following: ORM technologies (such as Entity Framework, NHibernate, Dapper, etc.) and MVC
- 3 or more years of professional experience participating in a Scrum development environment
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming is required.
- Strong software design and architecture experience and expertise is required.
- Ability to understand and adapt software designs to meet the needs and goals established by Enterprise Architecture.
- Experience working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to remain flexible during times of change and react to project adjustments and alterations promptly, efficiently and positively.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies, as well as mentor and train others in using new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capability.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to influence colleagues and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under time constraints as necessary.
- Excellent verbal, written and relationship skills used to interact with a global group of technical and non-technical people.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in design patterns and proven experience in execution and delivery using these patterns.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ideal candidate will have the following additional experience:
- Analyzing and recommending development strategies, process improvements and standards
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Entity Framework, IoC, JQuery, JQuery UI, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, Message queue-based designs/implementations, SOA, Ajax, Code repositories (such as Git or Subversion)
- ETL and Data Management / Data Integration
- SOA design and implementation with Mobile consumers