Xynotech is a rapidly growing software house. Due to ongoing expansion, we have immediate and exciting opportunity for a Java Team Lead to lead a growing team of talented software developers at XynoTech. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Software Development leading a team of talented software engineers working on cutting-edge smart wear technologies.
· Coaching, leading & mentoring Agile team
· Architecture/design knowledge is essential
· Perform design and code reviews
· Employs a culture of autonomy, empowerment & self-improvement
· Lead the day-to-day activities of the Java platform engineering team. Working closely with the CTO and Product Manager to deliver projects on time and on budget.
· Proactively identify technical debt, areas for platform optimisation and develop operational efficiencies.
· Produce appropriate architectural and Integration documentation from which solutions will be built
· Review development practices to ensure development teams adhere to the defined architecture direction and principles, including reusability, scalability and supportability.
· Provide direction and introduce best practices for code management and version control.
· Provide hands-on development support as required and hands on development of strategically important projects.
Essential Skills Required:
· Experience in a Senior Development or Architecture role.
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Excellent in-depth knowledge of Java and surrounding development practices and technologies including:
· Strong core Java skills.
· Mobile development experience using Android and/or iOS.
· Build & Continuous Integration tools (eg Maven, Jenkins).
· Application/Web Servers (eg Tomcat, Apache).
· Web Application frameworks (eg Struts with Tiles, SpringMVC).
· Other Enterprise level technologies (CDI, Quartz, ActiveMQ, JAXB, JAX-RS, Taglibs, Servlets, JSP, JMS, Spring Security).
· WebServices, REST and Enterprise Integration (SOAP, CXF, Camel).