We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware, and networks.
- Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role.
- You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly.
- You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
- Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely the manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other networks related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.