The Supply Chain Manager coordinates, organizes, and oversees all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of the company goods.
- Hires and trains departmental supervisors.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Participates as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15-20 pounds at times.