Our company represents one of the largest global additive manufacturer. Our additives are marketed to MNC, Local Oil marketing companies and blenders. We are looking for a chemical sales engineer who has experience in lubricants and/or chemical industry.
We are looking for a sales engineer with proven experience and a passion to address customer challenges. Measures of success include new customer acquisition, addressing technical questions liaise with our principals to address customer issues. Knowledge/Competencies
- Must be knowledgeable in traditional manufacturing methods (subtractive, formative, etc.).
- Possess some knowledge about the growing lube manufacturing.
- Maintain broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with prospects, internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative relationship with potential customers by asking great questions and developing a core understanding of the customer needs. Then match our additive solutions to address their needs.
- Provide examples and demonstrate how our solutions meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Represent our company positively and professionally via phone, email, online, and at trade shows as customer-focused, well-spoken, and ready to close the deal.
- Able to prepare and present technical information to existing and prospective customers.
- Must be able to learn the value of our company’s product line from the customer’s perspective and in the customer’s terms in multiple industries – define the value as the customer sees it.
- Educate yourself, current customers and prospects on the applications of additive solutions for the lube industry.
Sales & Marketing Resource Competencies
- Help develop short- and long-term sales pipeline to support growth plans.
- Assist with research of industries and potential and current customers to understand their products, processes, and possibilities – and how our technology solutions meets their needs.
- Assist in producing impactful and meaningful content (digital, print, web, video, etc.) to prospective and customers, dealers, and partners in multiple industries.
- Help marketing and product management interpret customer data to help determine what products should be developed next.
- Identify opportunities for product development to modify existing products to better suit customer needs.
- Must be able to ask qualifying questions and help identify sales opportunities in multiple industries – both direct and dealer lines of business.
- Assist in interpreting technical customer requirements.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; selfimposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment, and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
- Effective communicator to both internal and external customers.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Chemical Engineer with over 3 years of experience
- A minimum of two years in a sales engineering or technical sales support role with a proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions
- Additive or lube blending experience preferred