I bring along close to 20.6 years of hallmark career in field of financial management, accounts, forecasting, budgeting, costing & team management while significantly contributing in enhancement of the capacity & productivity of the organization, with an excellent set of leadership skills and commitment. Completed my ACMA Certification from ICMAP and B.Sc from University of The Punjab, I possess proven expertise in negotiating with all stake holders & creating workable functional relations and in conducting financial analyses & issues reports based on same.
My key skills include Team Leading, Resource Management, Forecasting, Financial Planning, Accounts, Budgeting& Its Monitoring, Financial Analyses, Cost Reduction Planning & Implementation, Accounts Reconciliation, Consensus Building, Implementation of Accounting Policies & Internal Control Procedures.
I am currently engaged with chenone Stores ltd as Assistant General Manager Finance & Accounts where I am responsible for coordinating and leading teams and overseeing the operations. During my carrier progression I have achieved several milestones. Attached is my resume which showcases my progressive experience and successful track record for leading successful initiatives. My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles. As such, I would welcome a discussion regarding opportunities with your organization that fit my background. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Finance team leader supporting stores & E-commerce (digital/web) Concept. Full ownership of Retail Financial Planning & Analyses Functions. Develop monthly forecasts, Annual Budgets, and 3-5 years long-term Strategic Plans. P & L Management (Sales, Margin, OPEX, CAPEX forecasting & Management). Prepare/ Present Business Cases for all new Retail & Real Estate Projects. Prepare executive level presentations (Monthly & Quarterly Business Reviews). Reviewing Franchises commission calculations. Merchandising/Product/Segment/Category reporting and analyses. Lead & Coach high performing team of finance and Accounts Professionals. Improve Existing processes & streamline workflow. Reviewing stitching unit financials, fabric stocks, W.I.P, finished items stock, per item conversion cost, fabric cost, & margins. Executing furniture factory payments reviewing its financials, wood stocks, ply stocks, W.I.P, finished items stock, per item conversion cost, design printing cost, & margins. Monitoring food cost of restaurant & executing its payments & sales taxes & reviewed its financial statements.
Key Result Areas:
Role: Performing the key role of validating business plans & commercial strategies for maximizing profitability & revenue generation in line with corporate goals. Spearheading wide gamut of tasks involved in Financial Operations, Finalization of Accounts, Audit & Assurance, Financial Research & Analysis and Budgeting & Forecasting with total strength of 14 members including 3 Officers.
•Successfully slashed down payroll process time and effort by 30% via effective implementation of automated payroll generation system
•Deftly converted the partially implemented automated accounting system into fully automated & digital easy to access system in collaboration with the IT department
•Played a key role in deployment of cost saving protocols that resulted in 15% cost reduction
•Holds the distinction of:
o Recovering more than 4 million in overpaid vendor payments by performing audit of past payments
o Resolving billing discrepancies in sale base parties & establishing smooth relationship with vendors
o Re-designing & instituting accounting system; also involved in developing internal control procedures about cash payment, bank payment and proper implementation of voucher system.
o Recovering more than 2.5 million in unrealized credit sale by performing system audit of past credit sales.
• Efficiently & effectively cleared the bookkeeping backlog of over 1 year by developing & training the team of new staff
o Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department which include:
o Treasury,Banking,Cash forecasting, budgeting
o Capital assets reconciliations
o Cash receipts
o Check runs
o Month and end-year process
o General ledger
o Accounts payable/receivable
o Payroll and utilities
o Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
o Debt activity
• Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
• Enforcing accounting methods & policies
Created budgets and conducted variance analysis to determine difference between projected & actual results and implemented corrective actions for the same. Devised strategy and conducted financial research with team of 3 staff members. Held accountable for developing Costing System for effective operations as well as prepared monthly, annual and five year plans.
• Significantly analysed:
o New products by keeping close liaison with R&D Department to produce new product with higher profit
o Current product mix to produce optimum product mix which can generate the maximum profit
o Product cost; coordinated with R&D Department to find ways and means to reduce the product cost; also changed material composition or increased production of machines
• Contributions towards managing pre-costing process i.e. pricing of different types of yarn for both local & international
• Introduced various new products such as Lycra Yarn, Spandex Yarn, Loyocell, Jute Yarn, Silk Yarn, Air cell, Bamboo and Rigid Core Yarn
• Dexterously reduced material cost of open end yarn by evaluating.
• Budgeted and forecasted with periodical controls, variance analysis and reported it to management to ensure compliance.
• Developed Costing System for effective operations.
• Made revisions in plans by scanning the economic environment quarterly and prepared monthly, annual and five year plans.
• Carried out capital expenditure analysis.
• Kept close liaison with R & D department to produce new product and to find ways and means to reduce the product cost i.e. by changing material composition, or by increasing production of machines.
• Analyzed the product cost and current product mix to produce optimum product mix which can generate the maximum profit.
• Controlled the operations by taking corrective action to keep operations in line with budget.
• Handled pre costing i.e pricing of different types of yarn for both local & international.
• Held monthly meetings to review performance
ORGANIZATION GULISTAN GROUP OF COMPANIES.
Organization Type : Textile
Location : Lahore, Pakistan
Area(s) of Experience : Accounts , Finance, and MIS
Reporting to : Group Manager Accounts
Responsibility : Monitoring Accounting Systems / Procedures Review and Development
Brief Job Description : • Providing management with financial ratios and related KPI’s relevant in decision Making.
• Managing group chart of Accounts.•
• Consolidating the financial statements of group companies.
• System development for effective operations.
• Monitoring invoicing, payment and recovery.
• Preparation and submission of different reports as per SECP and statutory requirement
• Controlled financial planning, budgeting and forecasting with periodical controls, variance analysis, management reporting and ensuring compliance.
• Looked after funds and treasury management.
• Carried out financial research and analysis.
• Monitored invoicing, payment and recovery.
• Liaised with banks and handled all banking matters.
• Carried out preparation and submission of different reports as per SECP and statutory requirement and for management’s decisions.
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Company Industry: FMCG
Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
Organization Type : MILK COLLECTION
Reporting to : Managing Director
Responsibility : Finance & Accounting
Financial Operations, Payroll, Bank Reconciliation, Finalization of Accounts, Audit Facilitation, and preparation of Periodical Reports including Annual Report.
Span of Control : 10 staff including 2 Officer
Brief Job Description :
• Controlling financial planning;
• Budgeting and forecasting with periodical controls, management reporting.
• Monitoring bookkeeping.
• Accounting System development;
• Monitoring invoicing, payment and recovery;
• Liaison with banks and handling all banking matters;
• Monitoring payroll system.
• Preparation and submission of different reports as per SECP and statutory requirement.
Haris has a unique combination of creativity, strong work ethic, and management skills.
Haris makes the toughest challenges seem simple. Always exceeds my expectations.
Haris has a track record for success, as well as a bright future.
Haris is trustworthy,enthusiastic, dedicated and skill full individual.