Summary of key functions:
In support of TiE’s aim to ‘put research and knowledge at the heart of development’, the successful candidate will provide expert support to Monitoring and Evaluation work in the organisation. Working alongside TiE’s programme teams, he/she will manage the development and implementation of high quality and appropriate M&E and learning processes, that uphold TiE’s reputation as a strong critically reflective and analytical organisation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and provide refresher M&E training for program staff as needed.
- Provide (or update) the organization with a vision, framework and strategic plan for its M&E unit.
- Lead all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality and tracking the progress of activities.
- Lead M&E system and process development, creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Define and implement the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitor them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Propose strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Program staff.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to make recommendations to Program staff.
- Ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Implement and participate in program and project evaluations.
- Communication & reporting.
- Review donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time for this grant/program.
- Implement and participate in program and project progress evaluation, survey and program follow up in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Responsible for the implementation of these recommendations within Programs and projects.
- Document the lessons learned and best practices of the different programs and projects.
Support in Project Management:
- Coordinate the development, evaluation, and implementation of program goals, objectives, and activities as outlined.
- Provide support in running multiple programs as well as regularly monitor & evaluate KPIs of assigned programs.
- Support in planning and designing the program and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Represent TiE at various events/seminars.
- Reporting and documentation development related to program and as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Information Management, Project Management, or other relevant academic background (essential), master’s Degree (desirable)
Reports to : Executive Director
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis.
- Experience in program design and M&E plan development.
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and managerial capacity.
- Experience in a non-governmental organization or in the United Nations (desirable).
Note:Interviews will be on rolling basis and selection can be done before the deadline