The post holder will be based at UVAS (Lahore) and undertake research project entitled “Assessment of Farmer’s Intentions Towards Avian Influenza Vaccination and Measurement of Economic Impact of Avian Influenza”, at the Department of Microbiology, UVAS, Lahore for the period of six to nine months with the following qualification as well as terms and conditions:
The eligible/suitable candidates make application on plain paper with attested copies of testimonials, experience certificate with specific dates and transcripts.
This position is a fixed term Consultant position purely on contract basis. Salary package is negotiable with range 100000 - 150000 per month.
M.Phil degree or equivalent degree awarded after 18 years of education in the field with no 3rddivision in the academic career from an HEC recognized University / Institution. Fulfill the following TORs
1. Develop a sectoral model for Pakistan to estimate the aggregate economic impact avian Influenza virus (AIV) infections on the commercial broiler and layer sectors. The model should consider the following:
· Economic impact of the disease on producers with explicit use of the production models (partial budget models)
· Different types of production systems.
· Prevalence of H9N2 AIV in these production systems
· Control mechanisms in place to mitigate AIV (as part of the overall economic impact)
· Impact on supply for the different chains
· Estimate prices changes by the changes in supply (and its impact on consumer demand) Gather data to parameterize the model, Run the model using different scenarios / assumptions for AIV prevalence, vaccination uptake and effectiveness.
· Produce a report summarizing the model and its outputs
· Compile datasets and models for use by other people (i.e. with the relevant descriptions, metadata)
· Draft manuscript for publication.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, intellectually engaged and results-oriented. The successful applicant will have strong time management skills and decision-making and problem-solving skills, and adaptability in adjusting to changing priorities.
This job description is only an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. The jobholder will carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required by his/her line manager.