Engagement of Consultant/firm for Development and Designing of Communication and Visibility Material and Script writing for Video Documentary and Drama for “Program for Improved Nutrition in Sindh” (PINS) – Nutrition Specific
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organization committed to end world hunger. Action Against Hunger is recognized as a leader in the fight against under-nutrition. Action Against Hunger works to save the lives of malnourished children and their mothers while also working towards long-term solutions to address hunger. With approximately 39 years of expertise in working in emergency situations (both natural and man-made), Action Against Hunger conducts life-saving programs and provides long-term solutions to hunger in over 45 countries. Action Against Hunger has been working in Pakistan since 1979 focusing on responding to humanitarian crisis providing lifesaving treatment of undernutrition and meeting immediate needs, prevention of undernutrition, hunger and the major causes of morbidity in children under the age of 5 years, and ensuring communities become increasingly resilient to the impacts of climate change.
Action Against Hunger Pakistan has received a grant from European Union (EU) to implement a project “Programme for Improved Nutrition in Sindh (PINS) – Nutrition Specific” in 10 districts of Sindh which includes Dadu, Tando Allahyar, Jamshoro, Tando Muhammad Khan, Matiari, Larkana, Thatta, Sujawal, Qambar Shahdad Kot and Shikarpur. The PINS - Nutrition Specific Component will focus on treatment of malnutrition in health facilities supported by an outreach programme to screen children, a referral system for their follow up and a behavior change communication program for improved child care, sanitation, and feeding practices. The project will be jointly implemented by Action Against Hunger (as lead), People’s Primary Healthcare Initiative (PPHI), Concern Worldwide, Rural Support Programmes Network (RSPN), Shifa Foundation, Pakistan National Forum on Women’s Health (PNFWH), Thardeep Rural Development Programme (TRDP), and Sindh Rural Support Organization (SRSO). In addition to the co-applicants described, the Department of Health National Program of Lady Health Workers (LHW) will also be engaged in the programme indirectly.
To ensure that the action funded by the European Union (EU) incorporate information and communication activities designed to raise the awareness of specific or general audiences and the EU support for the action in Sindh Province, as well as the results and the impact of this support , Action Against Hunger will undertake a series of activities to ensure the visibility of the project including but not limited to: EU PINS Logo Development/scripting and designing of PINS-Nutrition Specific visibility materials such as project brochures, pamphlets, banners, mugs, pens, notebooks, calendars, planners, t-shirts, caps, key chains etc. A drama and video documentary scripting about malnutrition will also be produced for awareness raising and learning sharing.
The key objectives of these activities are:
· To increase understanding of nutrition issues in Sindh and practical ways to mitigate or resolve them across different actors;
· To highlight the interconnectedness of different sectors and actors, and their role in nutrition;
· To provide visibility of the European Commission, PINS and Project Partners.
· To ensure public access to the project materials, documents and other relevant information
Purpose of this assignment
Engagement of a consultant/firm for designing and development of PINS logo, communication and visibility material, IEC material designing, scripting of a video documentary and scripting of a drama on malnutrition. The consultant/firm will also be responsible for illustration of all the designed material.
Description of assignment
Developing and designing of original / high quality graphic design, key messages, scripts for communication and visibility materials to disseminate the work of Programme for Improved Nutrition in Sindh (PINS) Nutrition specific component. The materials will follow European Union, Govt. of Sindh and Action Against Hunger’s communication, visibility, branding and graphic guidelines and will be used to develop the script, key messages and design and layout of leaflets, brochures, publications, presentations and other communication products. The consultant / firm will also be responsible for scripting the Drama, video documentary and radio messages on malnutrition as well.
· The consultant/firm is expected to work in close consultation with Action Against Hunger Communication team in Islamabad and Karachi based staff for developing and designing of the material;
· Meetings with Action Against Hunger and its partners will be necessary on regular basis to agree on developed material and any amendments as recommended by the team;
· For all communication products, the consultant will be bound to adhere to the branding and sensitivity guidelines of Action Against Hunger;
· The consultant/agency will be expected to work closely with Action Against Hunger at each stage of the campaign design. Approvals must be sought for campaign design and all components detailed above, scripts, designs, contents etc.;
· The consultant to ensure that references be cited in the developed contents when sharing facts and figures.
· Copyright and ownership - All materials produced under this consultancy and other intellectual property will be solely owned by Action Against Hunger. Any material produced under this assignment will remain the property of Action Against Hunger;
· All source and original files should be handed over to Action Against Hunger at the end of the assignment.
· Designing of PINS-Nutrition Specific communication and visibility materials such as for illustration on mugs, pens, notebooks, calendars, notebooks, planners, t-shirts, caps, key chains, project brochures, pamphlets, banners, folders or for any other items mentioned by Action Against Hunger etc.;
· Scripting of key messages and original illustrations for brochures, posters, leaflets, and other communication/ visibility materials for thematic areas of work;
· Scripting of a video documentary of 5 mint. for PINS awareness raising and learning sharing;
· Scripting of a short drama for awareness raising of general public (proposed 15-20 mint. time duration of the drama can be discussed and finalized with consultant/firm);
· Development of Public service announcements for radio advertisement;
· Graphic design/layout for Program for Improved Nutrition in Sindh IEC material and handouts: project brochure, sub-project brochures, project fact sheet, external report and folders among others;
· Key messages / contents will be developed in Urdu, Sindhi and English.
Visibility tools development and design:
PINS branding and logo (1)
Designing a specific campaign theme and logo with the soul of project objective
Leaflets (6 designs)
Scripting carrying key messages related to Nutrition, Malnutrition in Sindhi, Urdu and English , designing and illustration (Sizes vary)
Standees (8 designs)
Scripting carrying key messages, designing and illustration
Posters (8 designs)
Scripting carrying key messages, designing and illustration (Sizes vary) ,
Banner (8 designs)
Scripting, designing and illustration (Sizes vary)
Brochures (6 designs)
Scripting carrying key messages related to malnutrition , designing and illustration (Standard)
Mugs (3 design)
Pens and Note Books (each 1)
Designing and illustration (160 Pages with Lines)
Designing (Standard 16 GB (3.1)
Drama for community (1) Script writing
Scripting used for public awareness raising and capturing the attention of communities and policymakers for malnutrition awareness raising – 15-20 mint drama on nutrition (Please share the amount separately for each activity)
Public Service Announcements (30 second & 15 second versions) Each ad to be developed in Urdu and Sindhi
Video Documentary (1) Script Writing
Scripting used for public awareness raising and capturing the attention of policymakers for malnutrition awareness –
4-5 mint documentary script
The consultant will work closely with Program Development and Communication team along with program team of Action Against Hunger, and report directly to Senior Program Development and Partnerships Coordinator.
The engagement is expected to commence as soon as a contract has been signed between the Consultant/firm and Action Against Hunger. The contract duration will be for 3 months.
The firm can also share their own time frame but preference would be given to the firm/ consultant who complete it as soon as possible keeping the technical capacity of that firm
Qualification & Experience
· Key staff members must have Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (Mass Communication or Marketing, Arts, or similar);
· Fluency in written Urdu, Sindhi and English is required;
· Previous working experience of key messages development and content drafting is a must;
· Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Design Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw, Final Cut HD, web design tools such as Dreamweaver and Flash, etc.;
· Clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of European Union;
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in graphic production from start to illustrate the products with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and color management;
· Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
· Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office– MS Access–MS Visio – Adobe Acrobat;
· Working experience in development or environment is desirable;
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The quotations for development and designing of listed quantities should remain valid for a period 6 months excluding Sunday) after the deadline date specified for submission.
2. Quotations should be sent by completing the financial and technical proposal in two separate envelops clearly marking the subject of this consultancy on the name of the logistics Department Action Against Hunger Pakistan including previous experience in implementing such projects.
3. The rates quoted for the listed items with specifications should be fixed for the duration of the contract and should not be subject to adjustment on any account, unless to offer a deduction to the rates.
4. Prices should be in PKR and Include inclusive of all applicable taxes as per federal and provincial government rules of Pakistan.
5. Prices should include delivering the requested items to Action Against Hunger offices in Islamabad and Karachi or the specific locations as agreed.
6. Payment will be issued within 30 days from the date of the issue of the invoice subject to correctness.
7. Please, sign and/or stamp all pages of the offer including the annex.
8. Action Against Hunger will award the contract to the bidder whose quotation has been determined to be responsive to requests.
9. Action Against Hunger has the right to Increase or decrease the quantity. Action Against Hunger may ask for supply all in once or in divisions.
10. If Action Against Hunger decides to make change to this RFP, this shall be through Addendum. Copies of Addendum will be furnished to all Bidders.
11. Any effort by a Bidder to influence Action Against Hunger in the examination, evaluation, comparison, and post-qualification of the bids or contract award decisions may result in the rejection of its Bid.
12. Information relating to the examination, evaluation, comparison, and post-qualification of bids, and recommendation of contract award, shall not be disclosed to bidders or any other persons not officially concerned with such process.
13. Suppliers Should quote for all Sub-Proposals under this invitation, given that all items within each offered sub-Proposal should be priced inclusive of all provincial taxes and federal government taxes.
14. Bid implementation period as long as project implementation period from August 2018 till October 2018.
15. Evaluation process will depend on first option that would be technical capacity for the firm once qualified technical than short listed firm will qualify for financial evaluation, prices, creative ideas, and suggestions for designing.
Application process and requirements
· Bids must include the following:
1. Cover letter: - qualification and skills of the firm /consultant, expertise and experience suitable for the consultancy (max 1 page)
2. Complete profile
3. Consultancy firm/ individual technical proposal: The technical proposal should include but not limited to the following information:
ü A brief outline of recent experience with references in carrying out assignments of similar nature (Max. 2 pages)
ü Detailed description of how the consultant understands and will respond to the TOR including time frame and number of persons involved in and comments on the TOR (Max 2 pages)
ü Firm / consultant bidder profile along with CV of proposed individual(s) and sample of similar assignments carried out previously (abbreviated is adequate).
4. The detailed financial proposal must contain overall quotation in Pak rupees (PKR)for all the services to be provided including tax.
The firm/Bidder will be hired through a competitive process. Applications will be evaluated on the basis of their previous experience, technical experience, qualifications and once qualify technical evaluation than will further be selected on bases of competitive budget. Action Against Hunger if required before final selection may conduct interview of the short listed firms for further clarification and required to deliver a short presentation/session to the Action Against Hunger Communication Team on the basis of which final decision regarding award of contract will be made. Action Against Hunger reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
A pre-bid meeting will be held on August 7, 2018 on Skype (webinar), at Action Against Hunger office at 3:00pm to clarify any inquiries about this RFQ.
Applicants who possess all the above requirements are encouraged to submit their technical and financial (separately in two sealed envelopes) offers no later than August 13, 2018 to Action Against Hunger Islamabad Office on the below mentioned address. This is a closed bid, please specify the subject “bid for engagement of consultant/firm for development and designing of communication and visibility material and Scrip Writing”