Implementation of the project:
The Agriculture Officer must ensure that they understand the program strategy for all activities they are implementing, and related objectives, activities, intended outcomes, beneficiary criteria etc.
- Implementing field activities according to the program strategies defined by the ACTED Project Coordinator and endorsed by the Area Coordinator;
- Providing technical guidance, training and support to individuals targeted by each project in line with the program strategy and intended output[s];
- Working closely with the community mobilization team to ensure proper supervision and monitoring of ACTED activities;
- Properly recording all activities according to the processes defined by the Project Coordinator and endorsed by the Program Coordinator;
- Providing regular progress reports to the Project Coordinator regarding outputs achieved and progress of work;
- Providing relevant records of implemented activities to the Database team in a clear and timely manner, for entry and update;
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED program objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
1. Input Distributions
The Agriculture Officer will ensure the timely distribution of Agri seed, fertilizer inputs in line with objectives and procedures endorsed by the Project Coordinator. All distribution documentation must be prepared and endorsed by the Project Coordinator prior to the distribution of the inputs and must be returned fully completed and cross-checked by the Project Coordinator immediately following the completion of the distribution activity.
The Agriculture Officer shall ensure that regular monitoring is undertaken across the village tracts of intervention following the completion of distribution activities. Monitoring activities must be planned with the support of the Project Coordinator and, whenever relevant, AMEU. All monitoring activities shall be accompanied with a report to which the Agriculture Officer will contribute relevant information and data.
The Agriculture Officer will support the development of a training plan and schedule together with the Project coordinator and directly implement all training activities outlined therein. Specifically, the Agriculture Officer shall train the participants to the project and ensure that the supporting documentation is completed and provided to the Project coordinator in a timely and concise fashion.
The Agriculture Officer shall support the development of a monitoring plan and directly undertake regular monitoring visits to beneficiaries. Specifically, the Agriculture Officer shall verify that the program processes and objectives, as defined by project proposals, are met. All monitoring activities shall be complemented by a relevant report, prepared with the support of the Project coordinator
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...Read More