A. Administrative Support
· Provide regular security related update to ACTED management and staff including field staff and LNGB Teachers.
· Support the Senior Area liaison/Security Officer to conduct regular security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs.
· Support Security Unit to provide regular briefings and updates as necessary.
· Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures. Ensure availability, monitoring and functioning of safety and security equipment.
· Regularly travel to the field with emergency program team, gather security information and provide updated security related information to the field staff.
· Proactively contact members of this information network to collect information on security in order to provide advice to the Project Manager, Area Senior Liaison/Security Officer on day to day security issues.
· Submit and follow up on any pending permissions/authorisations to conduct activities across the District as per the needs of programme teams and ensure presentations on completed activities are provided in a timely manner when required.
· Undertake regular field visits, including at the specific request of Programme Teams, to ensure all Union Council Authorities are brief on ACTED activities and that all activities are properly coordinated at every administrative level.
· Advice ACTED on opportunities for collaboration with local NGOs, private sector organisations, and government departments; specifically support coordination in developing practical relations with other actors.
· Prepare daily activity reports to Area Senior Liaison Officer/ Coordination in area Office outlining the major incidents and general trends.
· Support ASLO/Coordination in developing security guidelines.
· Review security situation at LNGB project learning centres in communities
· Regularly visit all centres and provide management with inputs for safety of learner and teachers inside and surroundings
· Liaise with teachers for safe travel to centres, keep track of movements through phone
· Check first aid boxes and refill timely
· Security review of new centre buildings for opening with program team
C. Coordination with Local NGOs:
· Represent ACTED at local coordination meetings or local NGO forum and ensure good relations with them.
· Liaise with other education stakeholders in district when required and participate in coordination meetings
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...Read More