Under the supervision of the Project Manager and with the technical support of the Area Coordinator, the Deputy Project Manager (DPM) is responsible for hiring and managing the field staff, resources, time managment, ensure quality of work, daily reporting and managing the logistics of the field staff, ensuring that they achieve targets and quality of data collection and capturing/recording data in ACTED database system. He is the link between the Project Manager (ACTED R&D and Project Manager and project specific) and field staff.
The ideal candidate shall have strong technical skills & knowledge of conducting nutritional survey and management skills in hiring/supervising staff & surveyors, managing logistics, manage staff contracts, regularly monitoring and evualtion of project activities/data collection, regular managing field activities/workplan, daily project reporting, conducting interviews, focus groups discussion, case studies and surveys, as well as recording qualiy data in database systems. Moreover the candidate should also coordinate with the community leaders to conduct interviews directly and via phones and be aware of the minimum standard that have to be ensured in data-collection used for research. The candidate needs to be willing and able to travel regularly to project sites and to other districts, and or where needed.
Objective 1: Data-collection activities
· Should technically strong to apply validation checks on data entry/database at field level.
· Provide training to Data entry operators on MIS while orientation to enumerators on the MIS functionality, data validation process and MIS process in the field.
· To ensure accurate and timely entry of data into database, supervise and facilitate data entry process.
· To ensure proper filing of data and keep both hard and soft records of files;
· To work closely with the other R & D and MIS staff to regularly (meeting frequency require by database manager) enter, cross check data and ensure quality of data being produced.
· To communicate any technical or administrative issues/ problems with the project coordinator.
· To undertake a village level area analysis before deployment of enumerators so that the survey is conducted evenly in the villages.
· The district field coordinate will ensure the quality checking of 100% filled questionnaires on the daily basis with proper signature on each filled questionnaire after check.
· The district field coordinate will also be responsible for the arrangement of accommodation and facilitation to the enumerators in each district if they need.
· The district field coordinate will ensure the safe and secure stay of all the enumerators who are out of district while working.
Objective 2 – Beneficiary accountability
Objective 3 - General objectives
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...Read More