Functions 1. Programme Management - Objective 1.1: Implementation of Project Cycle Management Framework
The Project Manager/TVET coordinator will ensure that project cycle management tools, including the PMF are developed and regularly updated, together with Field Officers for all projects undertaken. He/she will ensure that project implementation is conducted within the parameters of the PMF and that this reflects the proposal objectives.
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
· Will be responsible to carry out the market assessment of the employable skills in the project areas and develop a way forward for skill development of unemployed youth (including women) and their job placement.
· Ensure the quality of the employable skills through proper liaising with concerned employers and available government institutions
· Develop the performance and output based payment delivery to service providers.
· Develop linkages with employers, TVET institutes other key government stakeholders - and ensure training design and delivery in line with market requirements.
· Coordinate and network with key stakeholders including Government, employers, TEVTA, NTB etc.
· Responsible for carrying out career counseling and job-placement activities of youth (including women) providing financial support through linkages development with appropriate financial service providers.
· Provide support in development and modification of curricula of the required trades as per market demand by reviewing the existing curricula's of others implementing agencies/TVET institutes.
· Promote synergies with other development actors and programmes in the province
· Contribute to the planning and others learning agenda, market development, monitoring and documentation.
· Check the validity and consistency of the monitoring data in his/her sector and analyze the results
· Contribute to the project planning and monitoring.
The Project Manager/TVET coordinator shall undertake regular field coordination visits to ensure that:
1. Activities are correctly completed across the districts of intervention and that expected standards are met;
2. Challenges to implementation are identified and addressed in a manner that takes into account beneficiary needs and expectations;
3. Community / beneficiary feedback is collected and shared in programme and coordination meetings;
4. Targeted indicators as stated in the Project Management Framework (PMF) and/or Logframe are met in a satisfactory manner;
- Objective 1.2: Management of Project Staff
The Project Manager/TVET coordinator shall be responsible for the management of project / field staff and for ensuring that all field teams are comprehensively briefed on the objective, expected output and overall implementation strategy of any given activity. The /TVET coordinator shall ensure that Project / Field staff are given training and complete all the necessary documentation in line with programme requirements.
- Objective 1.3: Coordination
The Project Manager/TVET coordinator shall ensure that he/she regularly meets with HR, Finance, and Logistics Departments to ensure that support mechanisms such as the BFU, Procurement plan, and recruitment are completed on time and reflect operational realities/needs.
- Objective 1.4: Reporting
The Project Manager/TVET coordinator shall support the Reporting manager in the preparation of reports to be submitted to Donors / Authorities / Coordination bodies. He/she will be expected to provide reports covering activity implementation, achievement of objectives, successes / challenges, beneficiary feedback, etc.
The Project Manager is expected to provide regular reports to the Area Coordination on the progress of the implementation of activities and on observations made during the mission and collaborate closely with the AME unit as part of monitoring and evaluation activities.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...Read More