The Job holder will be responsible to report on programme functioning according to standard requirements of this role. The incumbent will be responsible to identify programme gaps vis challenges, barriers in enrollment, attendance, course, retention and transitioning, and share the findings with supervisor. Ensure safeguarding for learners (girls), implement ACTED’ zero tolerance policy.
Key responsibilities :
1. Provide non formal education (NFE) to learners through JICA and other relevant syllabus
2. Interact with learners and motivate them for Education through extra curriculum activities on collaboration with IPs (ABES and Right to Play
3. Maintain Classroom environment learners’ friendly.
4. Ensure adherence to ACTED’s safeguarding and Child Protection policies
5. Involve learners in recreational and motivational activities
6. Closely work with Mentor (ABES Person) for quality education
7. Closely work with Retention and Transition Officer (ACTED)
8. Closely coordinate with SMC/Community Mobilizers of ACTED for community support required at Centre
9. Provide orientation to learners on life skills
10. Facilitate Health screening of learners and promote health and Hygiene awareness among beneficiaries
11. Maintain Centre and learners’ record along with centre supplies, learner aids etc
12. Close coordination with SMCs/PTAs to assess the learners’ educational performance
13. Ensure learners’ attendance and retention
14. Facilitate in assessment tests for learners by any other partners/stakeholders
15. Involve learners in celebration of national events as well as commemoration of thematic days
16. Maintain/Develop linkages with formal schools to develop pleasant environment for Mainstreaming learners
17. To complete any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
18. Suggest/facilitate learners’ selection for TVET Courses
The incumbent will lead on learners’ learning outcomes and ensure full compliance as per LNGB requirements.
Required Qualifications :
Minimum Matriculation, BA/MA/B.Ed/M.Ed Bachelor will be preferred
1· Good experience of working with SMC`s/PTC`s/ Communities, teachers and students for ensuring retention, attendance and consistency of education process.
2· Good understanding of challenges involved in implementing education and or non-formal education programmes for adolescent girls.
3· Good understanding of child safeguarding/protection issues in Pakistan. Particularly for girls.
4· Previous experience of working in education or non-formal education in Pakistan.
5· Excellent Sindhi language skills and good interpersonal, communication, motivation and presentation skills.
6· ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
7· Minorities are encouraged to apply.
8· Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
9· Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...Read More