The Prior Authorization Specialist assists in facilitating completion of authorizations for, or in combination with MDOs (medical doctors’ offices) and/or provides assistance to pharmacies.
• Receives case information via the system portal.
• Determines who submitted the case, if case requires help with filling the prescription, or just requires prior authorization assistance.
• Assists in facilitating completion of authorizations for, or in combination with the MDO.
• Communicates via phone with MDOs, retail and specialty pharmacies regarding clinicals, authorizations, transfers and/or follow-ups.
• Documents and makes notations in the system regarding the case information.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Authorizations Program Supervisor.
• Must exhibit excellent skills in the following areas:
verbal/written communication, computer/data entry/software proficiency, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, self-discipline, pro-activeness, attention to detail, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
pActivekey provides IT-based services that allow our clients to increase revenues and optimize operational effectiveness. We work to fully understand our customers’ unique visions for their businesses, and in doing so, are able to create solutions that are well-tailored and effective. This approach ...Read More