We are looking to hire a Cyber Security Engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cyber security methodologies to protect organizations. Cyber Security Engineers are expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
This is a broad role and would encompass both Cloud security and on-prem security. To ensure success, a Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, Pentesting and Security Audits. The candidate would be well versed in cloud and cloud security concepts. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the network.
The role also involves working with agile cross-functional teams as an embedded security expert. Within the team you will play a critical role, introducing and promoting Security best practice right from the software design phase. We are committed to an environment of Continuous Deployment and Integration (CI/CD) and our Cyber Security specialists identify and challenge security risks and issues throughout the process. The right candidate will have a proven background in IT security, within modern Agile cloud-based architecture and development environments. The successful candidate will be a critical link between the IT Security and DevOps team, closely managing the rate of deployment against strategic security and business risks.
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization's data, systems and networks both on-prem and cloud.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems at both on-prem and cloud.
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches at both on-prem and cloud.
- Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls at both on-prem and cloud.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities at both on-prem and cloud.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization at both on-prem and cloud.
- Daily monitoring of security health analytics and detecting and responding to threats.
- Must constantly monitor systems to ensure there are no external or internal threats
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification.
- 2-3 years of work experience with threat detection, incident response and forensics.
- Atleast 1 year experience working in a SOC or Security team
- Experience with open-source software security tools
- Experience with network protocols and deep packet inspection
- Hands on knowledge of Automation skills and basic Dev Ops skills etc.
- System admin - Linux/Unix, Windows – Experience and knowledge is mandatory.
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with PKI, SSL, SSH, HTTPS etc
- Knowledge of RESTful web services (client – server application)
- Domain expertise of network security sensors, cloud security, DDOS protection and Mitigation (Shield, WAF, CloudFront), SIEM systems etc
- Detail understanding of Network Technologies Routers, switches, Load Balancers,firewalls, proxy etc
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security and Endpoint Security.
- Knowledge of micro services, kubernetes, docker etc. is added advantage
- Proven experience delivering large scale , highly available security solution
- Good understanding and exposure to Cloud standards, architecture and models
- Basic Knowledge of Public Cloud such as AWS , Azure and GCP and familiar with Cloud Security best practices
- Relevant security certifications such as CEH, OSCP, ISC2 CISSP, SANS, etc. are a major plus
- Cloud certification would be a plus
- Proficiency in Python, Node, Bash and/or Power Shell.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.