We are one of the largest insurance brokers in the UAE and looking to hire an Assistant Accountant for our accounting department. In order to qualify for the role, you should be available as per the working hours and interested in a long-term committed project.
Work Remotely: Yes
Hours: 51.5 hours per week
10:00AM to 7:30PM PKT (9:00 AM to 6:30 PM GST) Sundays to Thursdays and 10:00AM to 2:00PM PKT (9:00 AM to 1:00 pm GST) On Saturdays
Duties and responsibilities:
- Booking of all transactions - prepares invoices and credit notes, and book payments in the system.
- Rectify errors in the system; Ensure all records are accurate (thousands of transactions monthly).
- Provide support to the Accounting Department as assigned by the manager.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Preferably 1-2 years accounting background with experience in invoicing / bookkeeping handling 1000+ transactions monthly. Typists are also welcome to apply.
- Computer savvy (i.e. ability to learn new accounting software quickly and with strong MS Excel skills - a plus if familiar with pivot/vlookup formula)
- Typing speed: minimum 40 WPM with at least 90% accuracy (may take the typing test twice)
- Attentive to detail, with good English communication skills and a team player (maintain work camaraderie with fellow team members)
- Laptop / Desktop (Core i5 10th or 11th gen, 6-8gb ram, 500gb - 1TB hard disk)
- Headset - noise cancelling USB based headset
- Internet speed - 10mbps
- Uninterrupted power supply system
- Quiet background facilitating outgoing calls