The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a private, non-denominational, international development agency established in 1967.
It seeks sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy and ill-health with special emphasis on the needs of rural communities in mountainous and other resource poor regions, primarily in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Its main areas of focus are education, health, rural development, environment and strengthening civil society.
- Under the proposed SihatMand Khaandaan (SMK) project, the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and the Aga Khan Foundation Pakistan [AKF(P)] will work together to help Pakistan achieve universal access to reproductive health (RH) services (SDG 3.7).
- UNFPA will ensure national and provincial policies provide the enabling environment for inclusive, gender-sensitive RH service.
- AKF(P) and other AKDN agencies – the Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS), Aga Khan University (AKU), and Aga Khan Rural Support Program (AKRSP) – will strengthen delivery of quality, gender responsive and inclusive RH services in different parts of Pakistan, and reduce gender and social barriers to utilization and uptake of RH services by women, men, girls, and boys. This project will be for the period of four years commencing from April 2020.
- The Aga Khan Foundation (Pakistan) [AKF(P)] is seeking a high caliber professional for a Programme Officer Reproductive Health (PO-RH) to coordinate with the implementing partners and the donor, ensuring the timely implementation of the project and maintaining compliance with the contractual arrangements with the donors. The position to be based in Islamabad with extensive travel to project sites in Gilgit Baltistan, Chitral and Sindh.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The PO RH will be a member of the SMK team reporting to Director/Manager Health AKF(P) and will work as a team member with the Grants and Finance, M&E and gender and will have an oversight role; providing technical assistance to the implementing partners, taking care of the grant management, monitoring and coordination of the activities.
The PO specifically will have following responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the implementing partners in preparing yearly budget and activity plans, conduct regular field visits and progress review meetings, identify issues and challenges that are likely to influence the delays in the implementation and propose mitigation measures.
- Assist in monitoring project progress according to the monitoring plan, progress reports, budget expenditure and assist in preparing and timely delivering the quality reports.
- Assist in managing the implementation of projects work plans according to the contractual obligations of AKF(P with the UNFPA and complying with the policy, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Support partners to comply with the standard guidelines and protocols in the delivery of RH, adolescent health, youth engagement for the life skilled based education and community engagement for the behavior change communication.
- Actively pursue the procurement plan and efficiently manage supply chain ensuring availability of essential RH/FP supplies and commodities at the health facilities.
- Arrange capacity building of project staff and health care providers according to the work plans and engage technical experts for specific project needs and themes
- Arrange coordination meetings with the stakeholders, ensuring participation of key government officials, prepare minutes of meeting, and follow up on the action points.
- Participate in the regular gender analysis and integrate gender equality issues within project planning, M&E systems, project implementation and reporting.
Required Qualifications, experience and core competencies
- The candidate should have the requisite educational requirements preferably MBBS with Master’s degree in Public Health; with 5-7 years’ experience of working with the private and public sector, donor funded projects and preferably in the areas of health, population, nutrition, Reproductive Health and Emergency Obstetrics Care; an in-depth knowledge of the issues and challenges within the health sector in Pakistan particularly related with the RH and knows the trends in governmental and international donor agencies.
- The candidate should have strong project management skills of general finance, administration, information management and telecommunication and proficiency in information technology/computer.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders, this includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Ability to work as team player with flexibility to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks and harsh travel conditions in the project areas.
- Familiarity with the regions where AKDN is actively working and with AKDN work would be considered as an advantage.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to AKDN core values and safeguarding principles.
- AKF(P) offers a competitive remuneration package and conducive working environment.
- AKF(P) recruitment and selection policy and procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and the safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(P)’s Safeguarding policy.
- The deadline for applications is August 14, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted