. Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, material, information and energy to make product and service.( Lean Management, other technical approach)
· Help companies increase productivity.
· Optimize methods of business organization.
· Study product requirements and design manufacturing and information systems to meet requirements.
· Develop management control systems.
· Perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes.
· Assist in financial planning and cost analysis.
· Design production planning and control systems.
· Design methods to ensure product quality.
· Improve ways to distribute goods and services.
· Determine most viable plant and factory locations.
· Resolve production problems.
· Design layout of equipment and workspace.
· Estimate production costs.
· Create sampling procedures and designs.
· Evaluate accuracy of production and testing equipment.
· Study and rearrange org charts, material flow, and operations sequence.
· Evaluate effects of product design changes.