They must create a curriculum, form daily lesson plans, and prepare all lesson materials. In class, teachers may lecture on a specific subject and/or assign work, projects, and tests to help build knowledge and assess the students' overall performance in a class.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class
- Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students
- Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school development plan of the particular school they are giving service in
- Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behaviour of one’s students
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students
- Participating in arrangements within an agreed national framework for the appraisal of students’ performance;
- expert communication skills.
- superior listening skills.
- deep knowledge and passion for their subject matter.
- the ability to build caring relationships with students.
- friendliness and approachability.
- excellent preparation and organization skills.
- strong work ethic.
- community-building skills