Basic Job Responsibilities:
1. Fill prescriptions, dispense drugs and receive the routine refund of medicines.
2. Compound preparations not available commercially under supervision of pharmacist.
3. Label all drug containers issued to various services.
4. Check the manufacture and expiration dates before dispensation.
5. Preparation and submission of expiry reports to HOD of drugs which are near to expire in next 6 months.
6. Answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
7. Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
8. Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
9. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
10. Organize medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
11. Maintain records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
12. Ensure medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
13. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
14. Transfer/withdraw drug items through system from bulk storeroom to pharmacy for distribution.
15. Assist the auditor on drug inventory control.
16. Arrange and place drugs and in shelves according to FIFO rule.
17. Maintain daily critical count and follow-up inventory monthly.
18. Attend staff development programs/seminar-workshops relevant to work.
Perform other duties assigned by HOD/Supervisor or management.