COUNTRY PROGRAM MISSION
The American Refugee Committee (ARC) is an entrepreneurial humanitarian organization that assists displaced people to move from vulnerability to resilience, from impoverishment to well-being, and from exclusion to inclusion. Since 2002 ARC has been providing humanitarian relief and development assistance in Pakistan through meaningful engagement with refugees and internally displaced people, innovative human-centered programs, and rigorous attention to outcomes. ARC provides multi-sectorial programs that include primary and reproductive health, health clinic management, GBV programming, water and sanitation, shelter, and emergency response.
Through the Education project, ARC strives to help enroll one million out-of-school children in quality primary education schools while strengthening and building on existing formal and alternative education systems in Pakistan. ARC is leading the implementation of project in consortium with MoENT and Provincial Government Education and Literacy Departments, JICA and CSOs.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Manager Education will be an expert in the Education sector with a sound track record of delivering education-related large scale projects in a supervisory capacity. He/she will provide technical supervision to the project implementation teams to ensure project delivery as per project plan and achieve target enrollments within the specified time frame.
It is also expected to be skilled in designing, implementing and tracking multiple kinds of education activities. He/she will be responsible for the development of tools and implementation guidelines for the project. The incumbent will also analyze the project progress on monthly basis and generate recommendations for improvement
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Project and Team Management:
· Ensure the smooth implementation of the Education program in project districts
· Supervise and support Education Implementation Teams ensuring that performance and development plans are followed.
· Supervise district implementation teams as and when needed
· Analyze and collate program information at national level for dissemination to the donors and stakeholders
· Identify performance gaps within the program team and take corrective actions.
· Lead the planning of Education project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines. Lead and support ARC and IP staff in quality education activities in target primary schools.
· Spearhead the development of enrollment campaigns in collaboration with National and Provincial Education Departments and stakeholders
· Provide technical support in development of technical trainings program for IPs, Government and stakeholders
· Lead the community support activities including establishment of community support groups
· Encourage and strengthen the capacity of ARC and partner staff to train SMCs/SCs on roles and responsibilities
· Carry out annual performance reviews for all program staff directly reporting to the position.
· Conduct regular assessments of staff and stakeholders training needs and design capacity building trainings.
Program Quality and Management
· Lead the planning of all Education project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
· Ensure establishment of a results-oriented internal monitoring & evaluations, accountability and learning mechanisms to maintain quality of project interventions
· Conduct regular assessments of staff and stake holders training needs and design capacity building trainings.
· Ensure grant compliance by understanding grant requirements and flexibilities, monitor project expenses and cash forecasts for smooth project implementation.
· Liaise with M&E departments to ensure sharing of lessons learned, tools and systems.
· Compile and finalize project reports and ensure that files are properly maintained in the office.
· Represent ARC at National and Provincial level coordination meetings and ensure close coordination and collaboration with Government (federal and provincial), UN agencies, IPs and Stakeholders (local and INGOs).
Partner and Financial Management
· Accurately manage the budgets according to donor rules and regulations.
· Immediately flag any deviations from the budget to DCOP
· Liaise closely with the finance department to ensure that financial transactions and partner advances/liquidations are done on time and are accurate.
· Ensure timely reporting to donors and oversee the preparation and submission of technical progress reports.
· Monitor and ensure that all program and spending targets for program activities are being met.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
· 4-7 years’ experience working on community development projects. Professional experience in formal and non-formal education programming, especially with enrollment programs of out of school children
· Experience of large scale project management, from project design to implementation. This includes budget management and report writing.
· At least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position.
· Experience working with and coordinating with donors, INGOs, national NGOs and government agencies and working with local partners.
· Knowledge of the primary education related data and challenges to enroll OOSC
· Excellent management, communication and organization skills
· Excellent writing and analytical skills
· Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Access database.
· High level fluency in both oral and written English.
Not for Profit Organization Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Relief