Reporting to the CEO, the Accounting & Tax Manager’s position is a key role with in our newly established company located in Bahria Town Rawalpindi. The company has offices both in Pakistan and Australia and has plans to serve both local and Australian clients. Your primary responsibilities will be to process individual and company tax returns as well as other functions as and when required.
Following are some of the key responsibilities for this position.
- Independently manage and prepare individual and corporate tax returns.
- Prepare financial statements to support legal entity filings.
- conducting preliminary interviews with potential tax payers
- Preparing schedules and reconciliations to support quarterly tax provisions under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Follow up with FBR and other government authorities on various tax inquiries.
- Preparation of payment requests, journal entries and maintaining all related backup.
- Retrieve and review invoices to ensure tax return positions are supported.
- Prepare analysis on balance sheet accounts to support tax positions.
- Maintain neat and organized supporting work papers and tax files while providing a clear audit trail.
- Assist in setting up Excel models.
- Occasionally assist with Audit of financial statements.