We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. You will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The successful candidate will have the key skills to develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
· Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
· Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
· Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
· Scrap Management
· Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications. Maintaining quality and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
· Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
· Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
· Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
· Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
· Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
· Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
· Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
· Commit to plant safety procedures
· Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
· Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
· Influence and learn from below
· Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
· BSc Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University preferably UET & NUST
· Proven work experience as a Mechanical Engineer in the field of Fabrication & Production alongwith Total Quality Management.
· Related short courses like TQM, HSE etc. will be an added advantage
3- 3-5- Years of Experience
· Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
· Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
· Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
· Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
· Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills