This position will be responsible for the following functions:
• Assist Manager Internal Audit in the development of annual internal audit plan.
• Support the Manager Internal Audit in development and implementation of the evolving internal audit methodology for the organization.
• Perform audits through the review of physical and electronic records. Evaluate the level of compliance with established control policies, processes, procedures, standards, laws and regulations in assigned functional areas/ units.
• Identify control weaknesses or process improvement opportunities and initiate workable solutions.
• Identify and analyze causes of uneconomic and inefficient practices in assigned area of responsibility, and make recommendations on appropriate preventive or remedial actions.
• Document and file work papers and audit procedures performed. Track timely and effective corrective actions taken following audit recommendations.
• Participate in stock counts and follow through to ensure that store balances are reconciled to the general ledger; conduct physical verification of equipment/ asset and monitor its disposal, if and when directed by the concerned authority.
Required qualification/ experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Candidate with an ACCA qualification will have preference with at least 2 years’ of experience in internal control/ audit function of a mid-sized organization or a non-profit agency.