Under the line management of the Pakistan Programme Coordinator and the Senior Supply Chain Coordinator, the Programme cum Supply Chain Officer will facilitate information flows, monitor the activities, timely reporting on monitoring and support the evaluation of BCI projects and BCI registered ginners. The Programme cum Supply Chain Officer will ensure the credibility of the information collected from the field and contribute to understanding the impact of Better Cotton.
· Collect project information on farmers and Producer Units structure and communicate to Programme Officer so that the BCI project database is up to date and contains accurate information.
· Contribute to the creation of communications material to be made available to members and partners, strengthening the story of Better Cotton.
Capacity Building of Field Team
· Support Program Coordinator in conduct of IP staff capacity building trainings
· Support Program Coordinator in training needs identification of filed team.
· Visit Projects for support to filed staff.
· Support in conducting and reporting on credibility checks on Producer Units (PUs) to identify areas for improvement
· collect evidence on Pus’ eligibility for Better Cotton licenses, to ensure the credibility of Better Cotton
· Frequently travel to project locations during the growing and harvest seasons to conduct credibility checks
Results and data management
· Manage/Provide necessary support for the online database (including management of the data, training of partners, and preparation of reports), providing support to partners and ensuring that BCI data is available to support claims on results and impact.
· Support Producer Units’ staff for matters concerning BCI reporting tools and processes to ensure that deadlines are respected and to collect their feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of BCI systems.
· Plan and conduct detailed gin audits as BCI policy and furnish audit report to the Senior Supply Chain Coordinator within the prescribed time.
· Provide feedback and areas of improvement to gin, at the end of each monitoring visit.
· Identify suitable ginners to work with BCI in new project areas
· Assist Supply Chain Officer in Organizing and conduct of ginners meetings/trainings on Better Cotton Tracer in each region and make sure every ginner is aware of every requirement.
· Ensure that gin have a system of Better Cotton segregation and maintain identifiable 100% Better Cotton bales. Report any non-conformity on ChoC guidelines to office.
· Support ginners in conduct of middle men training in respective areas, monitor and verify that middle men supplying Better Cotton to a specific gin maintain appropriate record as ChoC guidelines.
· Assure that Gins are selling Better Cotton directly to Spinners and traders. To report BCI if there is any deal through non BCI registered company.
· Assist Senior Supply Chain Coordinator in evaluation of ginners performance and screening and retaining only appropriate ginners.
· Beyond these specific responsibilities, the Program cum Supply Chain Officer is expected to collaborate on activities as agreed with the Pakistan Country Manager and the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Better Cotton is a non for Profit, membership organization. Work with farmer for sustainable cotton production and creates link with textile supply chain. Better Cotton, because the world deserves Better Cotton is arguably the world’s most important natural fibre. It’s used in food, bedding, medi ...Read More