Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field.
3 years of IT work experience, including 2 years managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions; demonstrated experience managing customer relationships.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Knowledge of how to leverage business applications for competitive advantage.
- Knowledge of current technologies.
- Knowledge of theweb development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong conceptual and creative skills.
- Solid project management skills, and the ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels of management.
- Ability to blend creativity, problem solving, and technical skills for refining existing theories or developing new approaches.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Vision
Responsible and accountable for the delivery, coordination, status reporting and stability of semi-complex project oriented work. Drives the planning and coordinating activities of departmental technology projects; ensure goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within a prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Executes on plans and activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit, within area of expertise.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements project management processes and methodologies for the assigned IT user community; ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Drives the review of project proposals or plan; determines time frame and procedures for accomplishing programs. Understands the technical scope and objectives of the program and ensures project teams' commitment to the program delivery roadmap. Executes on established work plan for each project under the program roadmap in accordance with to Synovus' Project Governance Framework.
- Drives the execution of project plans and teamwork assignments, directs and monitors work efforts on a daily basis, identifies resource needs, performs quality review; and escalates functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately and ensures issue resolution.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of the project. Prepares relevant status reports for project managers/clients. Adheres to standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed. Executes on project activities with activities of business unit(s). Coordinates request for changes from original specifications and ensure proper change communication and impact analysis.
- Works closely with the end user, business technologists, and others to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs; participate in the development of system requirements and design specifications; refines conceptual systems design requirements into the technical design.
- Standard Compliance - Ensures that projects follow the established System Development Life Cycle standards and tailor this methodology to meet the project and audit standards.
- Assists other Project Manager(s) and/or Business Analyst in identifying and prioritizing opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise and ensures project dependencies are clearly defined and addressed
- Drives project scheduling, resource allocation and forecasting, time entry, and project controls through the standard project management tools to ensure proper budget allocation and capitalization
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.