We are in the middle of launching an e-commerce startup focusing on custom made sportswear & activewear products. Our range will include both functional and fashionable playing kits & athleisure apparel.
We're looking for an apparel/fashion designer to help us finalize the range, convert the initial ideas into first samples and play a vital role in handling ongoing customer orders.
For us, the ideal candidate will be someone who is highly motivated to work at the cross-section of technology & fashion, is a creative problem solver and preferably has prior experience with sportswear and/or western oriented high-performance apparel.
We are a young startup, so the candidate must be able to perform a variety of tasks and responsibilities.
THE TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Research trends, colors, fashion brands, fabrics, and materials
- Help with sourcing materials, fabrics, and trims
- Creating a design (either by adapting an existing pattern or developing a new design)
- Producing a pattern, preferably using computer-aided design
- Working with the production team to ensure the quality of samples & seamless production runs
- Has excellent organizational skills and a great ability to multi-task
- Can prioritize effectively
- Confident knowledge of social media environment
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of design fundamentals (composition, layout, color, etc.)
- Design creativity, and the ability to visually communicate through sketches or renderings
- You have a strong familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Affinity with the world of fashion and sustainability
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a small team
- Photography or image retouching abilities a plus!
- Organized, self-motivated and proactive
- Preferably an education background in Fashion Design
- The ideal candidate is energetic, outgoing, digitally native and not afraid to bring new ideas to the table
- The candidate ideally will have some experience in the fashion industry and possibly some experience working with designers. A portfolio is recommended.