The Country Representative will be part of the senior management team of BRAC International and have shared accountability for programmatic and operational activities. As head of the country office, the Country Representative will be responsible for delivering BRAC International country strategy through quality programmes in Microfinance, Health, Education, Agriculture, poultry & livestock, livelihood, food security,Targeting the Ultra Poor (TUP) and future programmes/projects , as well as liaising with funding partners BRAC USA and BRAC UK.
The role provides immense opportunity to play an increasingly important and decisive strategic role within BRAC International while leading a diverse workforce of in-country staff. The role will receive support to carry out day-to-day activities from a variety of sources at BRAC International – Executive Director, Head of HR, Head of Finance, programme anchors and other unit heads in BRAC International based in the Head Office in Dhaka.
· Uphold, promote, and apply the core Values and Mission of BRAC in the host country
· Lead and supervise the program managers on planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects to ensure the effective and efficient execution of project deliverables
· Participate in program development and the writing of project proposals for extension of existing and/or establishment of new programs in host country
· Ensure a relevant, timely and accurate flow of strategic, management and operational reports for the implementation of effective work according to program objectives and standards and to meet reporting standards of donors, partner offices and the headquarters
· Supervise managers to ensure regular budget monitoring to be conducted for all programs/ projects
· Ensure adequate systems are in place and followed, regarding program procurements, management and maintenance of project assets, regular inventories and similar activities
· Represent BRAC to foreign and national governments, partners, donors and other stakeholders, and develop and maintain productive relationships and be BRAC’s representative and spokesperson to local and international media/ audience
· Direct and manage staffing in the country while focusing on developing capabilities appropriate to the strategic and operational needs of projects/programs, needs of both the present and future within the country and create ownership among local staff
· Ensure proper and transparent management of resources and reporting systems are established in the country in accordance with the policy and procedures and all regulatory requirements of BRAC, host country governments and donor’s policy
· Visit projects to advise, build relationships, evaluate and inspect the funded projects and follow up on audit findings, risk register and monitoring report
· Analyse continuous impact and effectiveness of existing programs on a national level and adapt accordingly
· Liaise with Advisory Committee Members
BRAC began operations in Pakistan in 2007 through a micro finance program. In addition to micro finance, we are now running program in health and education. BRAC is currently serving about 437,465 people in 14 districts of four provinces. BRAC's micro finance program was launched in 2007 on a small ...Read More