Karachi Export Processing Zone (KEPZ), Landhi Industrial Area Extension, Karachi, Pakistan
Beyond Retro is a leading vintage clothing retailer and manufacturer with stores in the United Kingdom, Sweden and online. We are committed recyclers dedicated to bringing high quality on-trend vintage clothing to our fashion forward customers in our unique large-scale stores and website. Our aim is to be a leader in building a fashion community that celebrates uniqueness – from our product, to our customers, to our stores and our employees.
Beyond Retro’s Vintage Manager ensures the highest level of quality on trend products purchased across all production facilities. You are adaptable, handle multiple demands and changing priorities while consistently achieving your targets. Open communication and the ability to develop strong relationships on behalf of the business across suppliers, global departments and your own team is paramount. You have experience in working with traditional “rag house” warehouse processes, managing the sorting of material using conveyor belts and large bins with a large labour-intensive process and staff. You will continue to develop training processes to improve operations while achieving the daily production requirements and KPI’s. Above all, you strive to consistently provide the best quality pieces across both women’s and men’s product ranges.
You will report to the Vintage Buyer located in London, UK.
· You will be manager to approximately 25 pickers at numerous factories.
· Be guided by Vintage Sourcing Catalogue to support you and your team’s output.
· Collaborate with all departments improve production KPI’s & operations.
· Competently deliver best practices in performance management to ensure your team meet the expectations of their roles.
· Clear communication of challenges and priorities across global teams.
· Be a motivational leader who prioritizes time management.
· Management of vendors to ensure that we are maximizing our yields in order to manage suppliers’ expectations and build our brand assortment.
· Recruit, interview, hire, develop and train teams to meet the required performance objectives.
· Oversee consistent quality control of vintage product at the warehouse and report to the Product Team of any quality problems.
· Continuous feedback to staff on daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s.
· Execute daily, weekly and monthly on production plans by the factory.
· Supervise the loading of containers and consolidation of products.
· Impact warehouse efficiencies and security of product; manage secure & timely deliveries while strictly adhere to packing and labelling procedures.
· Responsible for weekly reporting to the Global Production Teams.
· Special Projects and Initiatives as required.
All Beyond Retro Supervisors display these behaviours:
· Build Trust
· Act with integrity
· Proactive at building relationships
· Motivate staff to reach their potential
· Coach and develop people
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
· A minimum of 5 year’s experience in a leadership capacity ideally within the Textile industry in a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledgeable of the Karachi Export Processing Zone ( KEPZ) Landhi, Karachi, Pakistan.
· Keen interest in Fashion.
· Proven ability to pass along knowledge to staff.
· Must have own transportation to go between different factories.
· Weight handling: up to 23 kgs (50 lbs ).
· Superior Communication Skills; English essential & ability to communicate business goals & targets across the business.
· Proven Organizational skills including ability to manage multiple warehouses or 35 + staff.
· Demonstrated experience with production reporting.
· Established progressive and collaborative management style effective with both onsite and remote working relationships and stakeholders.
· Experienced in working with traditional “rag house” warehouse processes, managing the sorting of material using conveyor belts and large bins with a large labour-intensive process and staff.