MEAL Manager will provide technical support to Partners and CIP (CARE International in Pakistan) staff in design, implementation and maintenance of the MEAL system and tools, including adapting them to new activities and programs. Furthermore, the position will assess and build capacity of the staff, both at field level and also of Partner organizations to ensure effective program monitoring and accountability whilst ensuring that M&E tools and mechanism are set up and running smoothly. The MEAL Manager will support continuous learning and reporting of PEFSA interventions and will be responsible for conducting timely and effective monitoring and evaluation, impact assessment and undertake assessments to inform management and field team/s, with regular improvements in project execution in order to meet high quality standards.
Job Responsibility-1: Setting up Project MEAL System
- Help understand the program and partners specifically on Gender and Governance project Meal framework, particularly in the areas of objective hierarchy, advocacy indicators and monitoring mechanisms;
- In consultation with field MEAL officers, develop the overall M&E plan consistent with overall CIP M&E strategy that includes mid-term reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned workshops;
- Guide the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each component, to record and report physical progress against the work plan;
- Assist the MEAL and reporting staff in synthesizing accurate information in monthly, interim and end project reports and output tracker;
- Guide the process of identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets; also design appropriate format for such performance reports;
- Monitor the performance of partner NGOs on a continuous basis, assessing the quality of work, targeting of beneficiaries and general progress.
Job Responsibility-2: Implementation of M&E
- Collaborate with partners and CIP staff on quantitative and qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts;
- Assist Partners and CIP MEAL and Reporting functions in reviewing and analyzing project progress reports in terms of problems and actions required; also prepare consolidated progress reports for sector managers to submit to the respective donors in accordance with approved reporting formats and deadlines;
- Supervise and constantly track all projects activities, inputs, outputs and outcomes and continued relevance of project;
- Ensure that partner organizations have effective Complaint Response Mechanism in place and roll it out from inception stage of the project;
- Review monitoring reports, analyze them for impact evaluation and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation;
- Recruit, guide and supervise external teams that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for various field assessments related to project effects and impacts;
- Ensure that follow up procedures are in place and are regularly followed;
- Plan for regular opportunities to identify lessons learned and implications for the project’s next steps; participate in these events when possible.
Job Responsibility-3: Communication
- Develop the mechanism whereby monitoring feedback is owned by program team and ensure that learning is being incorporated into program implementation cycle;
- Supervise the preparation of reports on M&E findings, as required, and work closely with sector managers, technical staff and partner organizations;
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed;
- Help in systematic information and communication flow on process, progress, impact related information for vertical and horizontal communication;
- Set up and maintain a common electronic and hard copy system for access to key documents such as MEAL tools, tracking and reporting forms, monitoring reports, proposals, donor requirements and reports, evaluations, other program information and other necessary documents against immediate outputs of projects.
Job Responsibility-4: Knowledge Management:
- Keep abreast with M&E systems and knowledge management and reporting requirements of the larger CARE organization;
- Submit M&E annual reports on PIIRS (data management on reach and impact) to CARE USA;
- Support CIP in developing a system of managing and storing information from projects;
- Work with the Program Teams to identify KML priority agendas and needs;
- Ensure regular review of progress against the KML plan;
- Organize Learning Workshops that brings together internal and external stakeholders;
- Produce regular documentation and analysis of KML work for raising cross-learning and sharing with other CARE teams in the region (and internationally);
- Ensure synthesis of key learnings is documented and fed into proposal development and advocacy planning processes;
- Support Project/Program Teams to develop KML plans/strategies (as needed);
- Support the development of knowledge products of CIP projects.
Required: At least a Bachelor’s degree in sociology, development studies in Development related disciplines or equivalent; Master’s degree will be strongly preferred.
- At least 6 years of work experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning related areas, conversant with socio-economic issues in Pakistan;
- Experience in research and analysis, statistical analysis, strategy development, mainstreaming, and capacity building with specific focus on women empowerment , Gender and advocacy interventions.
- Strong research, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies;
- Excellent creative and conceptual reporting skills;
- Computer skills (word, Excel, MS project, SPSS, Access);
- Conducting Training (TOTs)/facilitation in trainings;
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
Respect, quality, accountability, analytical ability, building partnership, stress tolerance, facilitating change, adaptability, networking, coaching, developing teams, initiating action, political acumen, interpersonal skills, communicating with impact, contributing to team success, information monitoring, innovation, planning and organizing.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer; only individuals who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.