CARE International in Pakistan (CIP) is humanitarian agency, implementing emergency response programme in return areas of FATA agencies. CARE requires MEAL Officer to support the implementation of health project in North Waziristan Agency, FATA. Under the supervision of Head of Implementation, MEAL Officer will make sure proper and timely monitoring & evaluation as well as quality & accountability. The position holder will also be responsible to ensure knowledge gathering and management to improve the project operations for quality impact. Under the supervision of PM will look after quality of emergency programs and will have ultimate responsibility in maintaining and strengthening the system over time and building capacity of Emergency staff and implementing partners’ staff. The incumbent will contribute to the organizational commitment to promote quality and diversity at program level. Position will be based in Bannu Office/North Waziristan Agency.
II. KEY RESPONSBILITIES:
- Design M&E system and accountability framework for the project and its implementation
- Support in the development and design of monitoring plans and tools and ensure proper reporting and incorporation of M&E findings into project management
- Carry out both process and progress monitoring of project activities to ensure the Project Team following the agreed SOPs for program implementation to ensure the targets are achieved matching with indicators.
- Ensure program implementation is meeting the needs of vulnerable groups including gender and are consistent with CARE’s humanitarian accountability framework, relevant SPHERE standards, and essential environmental mitigation measures.
- Developing action plan on the monthly reporting on M&E plans with Project Manager to ensure quality of the project
- Conduct field visits periodically to assess progress toward achieving objectives, ensure program compliance and effective implementation according to work plans and timely providing recommendations for improvement.
- Understand the basic concepts and standards related to M&E and accountability and quality management in humanitarian service delivery especially CHS and HAP Standards.
- Ensure the complaint mechanism is in place and properly implemented at all levels.
- Support in developing a comprehensive community participation strategy for the emergency response program in consultation with project management.
- Conduct regular lessons learned workshop at organizational level keeping in mind program objectives and Care Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
- Work out ways to promote formal and informal learning at various levels
- Facilitate the process of After Activity Reviews (AAR), evaluations to be conducted internally or externally as and when required
- Ensure proper, regular and timely reporting from field by monitoring receipts of monthly component/activity progress statements and quarterly component/activity progress reports and following up with the field operations and CARE Emergency staff.
- Participate in cluster meetings and in networks of accountability working groups, and facilitate linkages among these group and with project manager in CARE.
Key Internal Contacts
Project Manager and staff in the field
III. CRITICAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Excellent working knowledge of MEAL, principles and practical implementation.
2. Demonstrated experience in emergency response MEAL, preferably community based
3. Knowledge of existing good practices and current issues in MEAL work.
4. Proven experience in Health related emergency projects.
5. Excellent report writing and data analysis skills
6. Fluency in written and spoken English, local language is highly desirable.
· Master Degree preferably social sciences / development studies/ statistics.
· Demonstrated 3-5 years of relevant experience with INGO/NGO
· Pro-active, persuasive, ability to work under stress.
· Sufficient experience field monitoring and report writing.
· Assessment, analytical and planning skills
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
· Fluency in written and spoken English, Pashtu (local style).
· Sufficient experience in emergency Health projects
· Strong computer/internet usage skills
· Respect, accountability, communication with impact, collaboration, initiating action, innovation, information monitoring, integrity, interpersonal kills, planning and organizing.
· Should speak and understand Pushtu of North Waziristan agency and South KP.
Applicants from NWA, Frontier Region, FATA shall be called for interview.