CARE International in Pakistan (CIP) is humanitarian agency, implementing emergency response programme in return areas of FATA agencies. CARE requires MEAL Officer to support the implementation of health project in North Waziristan Agency, FATA. Under the supervision of Head of Implementation, MEAL Officer will make sure proper and timely monitoring & evaluation as well as quality & accountability. The position holder will also be responsible to ensure knowledge gathering and management to improve the project operations for quality impact. Under the supervision of PM will look after quality of emergency programs and will have ultimate responsibility in maintaining and strengthening the system over time and building capacity of Emergency staff and implementing partners’ staff. The incumbent will contribute to the organizational commitment to promote quality and diversity at program level. Position will be based in Bannu Office/North Waziristan Agency.
II. KEY RESPONSBILITIES:
Key Internal Contacts
Project Manager and staff in the field
III. CRITICAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Excellent working knowledge of MEAL, principles and practical implementation.
2. Demonstrated experience in emergency response MEAL, preferably community based
3. Knowledge of existing good practices and current issues in MEAL work.
4. Proven experience in Health related emergency projects.
5. Excellent report writing and data analysis skills
6. Fluency in written and spoken English, local language is highly desirable.
· Master Degree preferably social sciences / development studies/ statistics.
· Demonstrated 3-5 years of relevant experience with INGO/NGO
· Pro-active, persuasive, ability to work under stress.
· Sufficient experience field monitoring and report writing.
· Assessment, analytical and planning skills
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
· Fluency in written and spoken English, Pashtu (local style).
· Sufficient experience in emergency Health projects
· Strong computer/internet usage skills
· Respect, accountability, communication with impact, collaboration, initiating action, innovation, information monitoring, integrity, interpersonal kills, planning and organizing.
· Should speak and understand Pushtu of North Waziristan agency and South KP.
Applicants from NWA, Frontier Region, FATA shall be called for interview.
CARE International's office in Pakistan was formally set up in June 2005. Based on the findings of an assessment conducted by CARE International in 2002, it was decided that CARE Pakistan should commence operations in Sindh, Baluchistan and Punjab in the following key areas: - Gender Concerns and i ...Read More