- The Chapter Administrator assists the chapter executive committee in ensuring the chapter operates smoothly and efficiently and provides a vibrant and valuable experience for the chapter membership.
- Support chapter officers in executing their vision and strategic plan for the chapter.
- Assist the Chapter Chair in holding the mandated number of Board Meetings during the year including preparation of meeting agenda, notes, venue, meeting minutes and other materials as required.
- Support the various committees of the Board including scheduling meetings, preparing content for meetings and documenting actions points.
- Support the Learning Officer and Day Chairs in planning, logistics and execution of chapter events.
- Support the Membership Officer by managing the prospect process and ensuring new members are integrated into the chapter.
- Manage the membership renewal process by communicating with the chapter membership, collecting chapter dues, and providing updates to the board on renewal rates.
- Ensure chapter complies with governance responsibilities, including electing chapter officers, providing officer training information and adhering to the chapter by-laws.
- Support Forum Officer by organizing forum trainings, ensuring forum placement and maintaining chapter forum data.
- Manage logistics and communications for family and spouse/partner programming as envisioned by the Family Officer and Spouse/Partner Officer.
- Oversee chapter communications to the membership; such as newsletters, emails, videos, website postings, or text messages.
- Manage and update chapter websites, apps or social networking sites as directed by the chapter executive committee.
- Manage chapters finances ensuring budget is followed and all payments are made; provide monthly financial reports to the chapter executive committee
- Manage relationships with current and new vendors of the Chapter ensuring that procurement is conducted in a transparent manner and on terms most favorable to the Chapter.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the main chapter liaison with Chapter’s global and the region, sharing communications and upcoming initiatives with the chapter executive committee.
- Complete and manage the chapter health data as required by the company.
- Maintain chapter files, processes and history.
- Provide general administrative support for the board as required.
- Support chapter officers on awards submissions by understanding the process, providing relevant data and information and assisting in the completion of the forms.
- Possess strong administrative, event planning and customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in an environment of changing priorities.
- Meet critical deadlines and set priorities in a timely fashion
- Excellent organizational skills and commitment to detail
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Office-related skills: computer proficient; computer software experience; word processing; experience working with spreadsheets; data base applications; email and internet use
- Ability to work collaboratively and report to multiple C-level executives
Experience and Background
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in customer service or executive-level administrative support experience.
- Familiarity with association governance structures.
- Membership or association experience preferred.
- Experience in planning high level corporate meetings a plus.
- Experience working in a virtual work environment preferred.
- Experience in planning and executing corporate events
- Advanced university degree or equivalent experience required.
- Project management certification a plus
- Must be willing to work remotely
- Must be willing to work flexible hours; nights and weekends as required
- Must be willing to travel, as needed