1. Be conversant with PFA’s SOPs for Food ‘Business Operators’, Company’s quality policy & quality objectives, core values & operating values and codes of conduct – uphold them dearly, and apply the same in his/her own day to day working – at the same time ensuring that the FOH staff apply it too, in true letter and spirit.
2. Hate mediocrity and ensure that quality reflects from all activities of the ‘Front Staff’ of the restaurant; assist ARM/RM/OM in ‘managing change’.
3. Make sure that opening & closing duties are being performed properly as per schedule and checklists.
4. Ensure that staff is following duty timings and perform assigned duties, at designated sections/places, properly. Daily check the duty roster and report cases/instances of late coming and absence from duty, to ARM/RM/OM.
5. Daily check the log book, customer complaints, run-out items, dusting/cleaning of furniture, cleaning of doors/windows, mopping of floors & hygiene/ sanitation/ functionability of washrooms of guests, and table setups.
6. Report deficiencies/defects of the equipment, machinery, appliances, furniture and utility services, in the Complaint Book, and have follow- up with Manager Admin.
7. Enforce high standards of hygiene & sanitary practices for food-handling, general cleanliness & maintenance of dining areas and comply with all health and food-safety regulations of PFA and HACCP instructions.
8. Check daily reservations, conduct pre-shift briefing & ensure staff grooming by regularly holding team meetings.
9. Engage customers in a positive dialogue to ensure good business returns.
10. Welcoming & greeting guests and guiding them in settling down on tables; also be there at the time of their departure and see them off very warmly – after having taken their feedback.
11. Be conversant with menus and guide customers on menu choice.
12. Maintaining high level of customer-service & satisfaction, ensure that all guests get best return for their money.
13. Maintain a positive and pro-active attitude at all times.
14. Keep track of inventory and re-order supplies as needed, on time.
15. Work with senior management to plan and organize restaurant events.
16. Assist restaurant management in developing and implementing core business and marketing plans.
17. Ensure capacity building of existing staff by arranging and physically conducting their continual training and keeping record of the same; conducting orientation and training of newly recruited staff, in both “class-room and OJT settings”, and grade them for determining their suitability for retention, as per company policy and procedure.
18. Floor Manager is required to be physically present on the restaurant floor at all times and coordinate every issue with the kitchen. Ensure that a seating plan exists for the whole meal period.
19. Knowing fully well that customer is always right, deal with customer-complaints sensibly and ensure that customers are satisfied, when they are leaving the restaurant.
20. Ensure that cell phones are not used on the floor/work place; follow and implement company policy on the use of cell phone.
21. Actively seek to improve own personal skills and knowledge of “food business operations”.
22. Ensure compliance with cash control procedures and is responsible to oversee the handling of cash at the time of closing.
23. Understand and ensure compliance of company’s policies/procedures/systems/flow charts/checklists and JDs – never compromising on company’s ‘quality policy’.
24. Perform any other duty, as assigned by the management.