Core skills: Based on job listings we looked at, employers want Senior Marketing Managers with these core skills. If you want to work as a Senior Marketing Manager, focus on the following.
- Knowledge of market research practices and techniques
- Knowledgeable on principles, practices and techniques of marketing strategies
- Experience analyzing data
- Proficient computer skills
- Budget and cost analysis experience
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Project management experience
- Experience running large scope projects with cross-over departments and large teams
Advanced skills: While most employers did not require the following skills, multiple job listings included them as preferred. Broaden your career options by adding these skills.
- Degree in Marketing or related field
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) certified