College of Youth Activism and Development a non-profit organization working throughout Pakistan since 2009 together in partnership with UNICEF in Pakistan has launched an exciting project titled, “Improving Adolescents lives in Pakistan” aimed to improve and implement a range of activities enabling adolescents to have increased access to and use of information, enhance confidence and avenues to form and express their opinions
The said consultancy for development of communication mechanism is aimed to gather initial knowledge around key technical skills and existing Life skills. Hence CYAAD seeks to engage a consultant who could gather the information which identifies needs leading to development of a mixed training
This assessment lays the foundation for better understanding of the prerequisites of youth and adolescents which would be addressed to empower them socially and economically. Furthermore the recommendations and conclusions deduced shall lay the ground work for development of overall youth engagement strategy. Under the program Union Council Cooperatives groups formed by Youth and for engaging youth are also put in place. These groups shall also contribute in designing of training modules around the skills in demand and skills in need by youth & adolescents.
Scope of Work:
1. Expected Outputs
· Developing a very clear methodology and execution plan of the assignment in accordance with UNICEF and CYAAD communication guidelines.
· Close coordination with the project team and CYAAD Management
· Reviewing relevant documents (project related)
· Developing and validating the activity template
· Coordination with relevant stakeholders including relevant people in the identified communication channels.
· Preparing and submitting a preliminary report to CYAAD for feedback
· Finalizing report
· Consultant is responsible to develop a plan for Need Assessment and Mapping of Research by considering geographical and demographical condition of the area.
· Consultant will consult with project team for finalizing the Need Assessment design, tools and Literature review.
· The consultant is responsible for the mapping of the available communication mechanisms (traditional, mainstream and social) both at the UC and district level, in consultation with project team and CYAAD management.
· Assess the effectiveness of these mechanisms, determining its audiences and its relevance for adolescents
· Explore avenues for adolescents integration and participation in these mechanisms.
· Develop lay out of the activities that ensure effective participation of adolescents.
· identify and select appropriate channels/medium and formulate relevant story lines, messages that ensure adolescents participation
· Help project team to negotiate the format of communication related activities
· Facilitate CYAAD team in conduction of these activities, and assist them in capturing feedback and the nature adolescents participation
1. Duration of the Assignment
· 10 working days (including preparatory work, remote analysis, and potential field work and
· finalization of report)
· Step 1: Preparing questionnaire, reviewing secondary documents, orientation of team
· members– 2 days
· Step 2: implementation of the activities in coordination with project team. 5 days
· Step 3: Step 3: capturing stories (pictorial and otherwise) and feedback.
· Step 5: Finalizing report after feedback from CYAAD 2 days
2. Financial Guideline
· Detailed financial projection for the study should be reflected in the proposal
· urgency of the proposal and payment of the assignment will be considered in PKR
2. Consultant profile
· Proven good record in doing multimedia assignments with Youth/adolescent empowerment, and ability /commitment to meet agreed deadlines
· The ideal consultant will have 5 to 7 years of - experience of conducting needs assessments/ studies, design of the training material.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong media skills.
· Awareness of cultural sensitivities and local context
3. Selection of the Consultant
· Consultants will be evaluated in following criteria:
· Technical proposal and understanding of assignment
· Related experiences and assignments performed by the firm/ consultant
· Financial proposal.
Note: Job location is Jamshoro
The application will be reviewed on rolling basis. The last date to submit their detailed Profiles is 18 of September 2017 Wednesday, not later than 04:00 pm.