Position: Community Mobilizer (for local national only, Pakistani)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Location: Peshawar (06 positions) Swabi (02 positions), Pakistan
Position Summary: Community Mobilizer (CM) will be responsible for mobilizing communities in the target districts. S/he will be responsible for developing linkages with ACFs, assessment of HHs and performing field activities. CM will support in beneficiary selection, preparation of lists, vouchers distribution and follow-ups in the target communities/districts. The CM will engage with communities, volunteers to implement plan activities, facilitate data collection and conduct awareness sessions. S/he will ensure active community support for the project activities and ownership and assist PC in day to day operational matters within given mandate in target districts. The post holder will be responsible for reporting the field activities and ensuring quality implementation according to organization’s reporting tools, Program Management Standards, checklists and project deliverables. S/he must know/learn and abide by organizational rules, regulations, and donor requirements and compliance.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Community Mobilization
- Awareness raising campaigns and trainings
- Mapping and selection of beneficiaries in target districts
- Food packages and Hygiene Kits/Vouchers distribution
- MHM support and MHM kits distribution
- Identification/mapping of new home based businesses/enterprises
- Facilitate weekly meetings with Community groups
- Stakeholder coordination and liaison
- Data collection, management and field Reporting
Project field activities, coordination and reporting:
- Ensure the smooth implementation of field activities under the COVID-19 emergency response project to support off-camp Afghan Refugees in Peshawar, Nowshera and Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
- Community Mobilizer will be responsible for mobilizing the community through dialogue, awareness raising, distribution and using PRA/RRA tools to identify causes of local problems and their solutions.
- CM will support in beneficiary selection, preparation of lists, vouchers distribution and follow-ups in the target communities and districts.
- CM will support in distribution of food baskets, hygiene and MHM kits in target communities.
- CM will identify and proactively communicate any issues that might affect the project implementation and engage community support with guidance from the Project Coordinator and Project Officer - FSL to address the issues.
- CM will support in identification of new home-based businesses/enterprises in target communities.
- CM will lead the necessary orientation, mobilization sessions and trainings in the field.
- CM will ensure active community support for the project activities and ownership.
- CM will be responsible for collection and dissemination of information between communities, project staff and stakeholders.
- CM will provide facilitation in the community groups’ formation, record keeping, weekly meetings and training/ capacity building of the community group members, if needed.
- Assist PC to ensure completion of the project in a timely manner and within the budgetary limits.
- Prepare field reports on a timely basis.
- Maintain and manage record of all field related documents in hard and soft forms.
- Support PC and project team in the mapping, identification and selection of the beneficiaries in target districts as per agreed mechanism.
- CM will support in data collection, management and field reporting on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the PC, PO-FSL, M&E and project team members to ensure that all activities are executed in a coordinated and timely manner.
Represent Organization at community level coordination meetings and ensure close coordination and collaboration with stakeholders.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Incumbent must have at least a bachelor degree, equivalent education or diploma in relevant field.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in community engagement and social mobilization, health, humanitarian and emergency response and/or coordination & liaison with stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent local language (Pashto) proficiency skills. Good English and Urdu language proficiency skills and familiarity with local customs and traditions will be an added advantage.
- S/he must have ability to work under extreme pressure, in difficult conditions while maintaining covid-19 and security awareness.
- Excellent management, team building, communication & networking skills.
- Must be flexible and adapt changes quickly with the requirements of the changed situation.
- S/he must have ability to work effectively with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Willingness and ability to travel.