- Conduct broad based community meetings (BBCM) / stake holders workshop at community level
- Conduct needs assessment / base line / surveys for data collection in the defined project areas
- Identification & prioritization of most vulnerable / marginalized villages through PRA tools.
- Initial contacts & programme introduction of project in the targeted village
- Formation, revitalization, strengthening of village / community development committees / organizations by ensuring inclusion of all segments of society on sustainable basis.
- Responsible for signing term of partnership (TOP) with committees (Cos/ VOs / LSO).
- Identification & prioritization of the most pressing needs of the communities through PRA tools (issues prioritization).
- Conduct regular meetings with community organizations for raising awareness about their entitlement i.e. social, economic & rights.
- Capacity building of communities in terms of development of new proposals, CMST, LMST / refreshers / exposure visits, advocacy planning and campaigning etc.
- Motivating the communities for the monthly contribution of saving schemes
- Facilitate & support other sectoral leads at ground in need identification / prioritization & verification of the project interventions / activities.
- Close coordination with relevant stake holders working in the project targeted areas.
- Conducting community awareness sessions i.e. (health and hygiene) and organize various training sessions / workshops / Campaigns / Special Events for the members of local community organizations (social forestry, community participation in development, women in development)
- Regular follow up and monitoring of project activities & timely reporting of identified gaps with best possible solutions.
- Facilitate in arrangement of the donors visits to project areas.
- Conduct CO / VO / LSO profiling i.e. collection of primary level data for situation analysis of the communities and compilation of surveys being conducted on various issues in the programme/project area.
- Conduct thorough community mobilization process with key advocacy objectives
- Bachelor / Master Degree in Social Sciences
Minimum experience of a similar role in NGO setup:
6 months with Master degree and/or 1 year with Bachelor degree
MS Office, Outlook, ERP systems familiarity
Pushto, Urdu and English
Key Personal Qualities:
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
- Able to work under extreme conditions in field areas.
- Good communication skills in local as well as English / Urdu language which delivers information with clarity in a wide range of situations.
- Has a positive nature and able to overcome issues that create hindrance in achievement of entrusted goals / objectives.
- Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
The organization is committed to provide a healthy work environment and have comprehensive systems in place for safeguarding and PSEA.
Value Added Skills
- Advance level Social Mobilization
- PRA / RRA Tools
- DRR / Resilience / Climate Change
- Advocacy & Campaigning
- GBV / Protection
- Health & Hygiene Promotion
- Monitoring & Accountability
- Water, Health & Sanitation
- Food Security & Livelihood