1) Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
2) Writing resusable, testable, and efficient code
3) Design and implementation of low-latency, light-weight, high-availability and performant applications
4) Integration of data storage solutions
5) Develop services (APIs)and different components for easy coupling/decoupling within different applications.
6) Evolve the front end and backend architecture as per direction from software architects.
7) Work with internal and external software developers and testers to ensure software development deliverables are meeting
expectations with respect to quality.
8) Design and write code, peer code reviews, write unit tests, collaborate with test teams
9) Develop scalable, high-traffic web systems (APIs, asynchronous jobs, workers) that serve millions of users
Further more skills required:
Expert in the given development languages i.e. Node.Js and Python.
5+ years solid experience using Node.js, Python and frameworks available for these languages.
5+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and services with a very strong understanding of REST principles
Strong understanding of modern web, tools and protocols used in building APIs (MQTT, cURL, SSH, Fiddler, JWT, etc.)
Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
Good understanding of server-side templating langugages.
Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors.
Basic understanding of front-end technologies such as HTML5, CSS3 and bootstrap.
User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output
to match the specific platform
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git