· Operate motion picture or television camera as you record scenes for motion pictures, advertising or television broadcasts.
· Know and apply the technical aspects of lenses, film, filters, light and camera settings to each shot to ensure the director gets the effect he or she wants.
· Adjust printers, camera controls, and any related equipment to find the right lighting, exposure and focus.
· Work with other film professionals, including electricians, lighting technicians and directors to determine desired effects, lighting requirements, camera movements and filming sequences.
· Arrange studio sets to best suit the settings on the camera, and control the lighting equipment, film stock, audio and cameras to get the result the director desires from the film.
· Maintain, clean and test all broadcasting equipment and cameras to ensure every tool is in good working order each day before filming starts.
· Remain updated on new technology and current industry trends to ensure you bring the latest methods to the job.