Do you get excited at the idea of architecting, building, and delivering real enterprise-class software products to customers as a hands-on peer leader?
Do you consider yourself amongst the top 1% of Java developers globally, and are you eager to work on new, challenging projects and technologies?
Are you interested in joining a network of the most talented engineers in the world while earning $100,000 USD and working wherever you want?
If you said yes to any of the questions above, this role is for you.
What are the expectations?
The Java chief architect role is our highest-level technical position and requires an expert understanding of Java and related technologies. The position is a hands-on leadership role. You will need a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats—from CTO to lead architect to lead developer—on the most complex elements of the product. You will also be a technical team leader and solution evangelist.
In the role, you will be creating solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs that scale to the customer's enterprise/global requirements. It’s your responsibility to ensure that the customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product. Though we like to remove most of the management overhead for our chief architects to let you focus on key technical solutions, you will be a peer leader of a team of architects and developers to apply software engineering best practices and implement automations across all elements of solution delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
- At least 8 years of experience with hands-on Java development and related technologies
- Working knowledge of back-end technologies based on both J2EE and the latest frameworks like Spring
- Experience with the TDD approach, doing unit testing, mocking, integration/UI testing, and behavior driver testing
- Experience working with two or more data-related technologies and familiarity with others from various relational databases, NoSQL databases, caching systems, full-text search engines, and big data systems
- Experience working with, setting up, and configuring continuous integration and delivery systems and code quality automation technologies