We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Meeting & Event Manager to produce events from conception through completion. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable events that meet the intended goals and expectations both creatively and consistently. S/he must be able to work well within time limits to plan, resource, and oversee the events. Excellent people skills are a must as s/he will be working with clients directly to identify their needs and ensure member / guest satisfaction. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role involves overseeing facilities as well as details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
· Exceptional communication skills to liaise with clients, identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Able to conduct market research and gather information.
· Able to articulately propose ideas to improve services and event quality.
· Management and organizational skills needed to oversee facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
· People skills needed to staff events and coordinate their activities.
· Enthusiasm regarding collaborative work with marketing and PR departments to promote and publicize events.
· Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
· Research skills to identify event opportunities, understand the market, and generate interest.