Education and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree
- CCNP Routing and Switching or higher (CCIE R&S)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience maintaining enterprise networks and communications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skill – All clients are foreigners
- Must have practical experience with firewalls Cisco ASA – This is a must
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools – This is a must
- Experience with high-end Routers e.g ASRs
- Experience with Cisco switches Nexus 5K, 3K, 6500, 3800, 3700, etc
- Experience with: PAT, NAT, IPSEC Site-to-Site VPN, Remote access VPN, Spanning tree, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VLAN, Access control lists, MPLS.
Familiar with DHCP, DNS, NTP, Dell Sonic wall, Palo Alto firewall, Checkpoint firewall, Vyatta firewall is a plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure and troubleshoot IPSEC VPNs with different clients who have firewalls from different venders
- Configure and install various network devices e.g:
1- Cisco Routers
2- Cisco Nexus Switches
3- Cisco ASA firewalls
- Configure network services (e.g., Site-2-Site VPN, Remote access VPN, VLAN, BGP, MPLS-VPN, Firewall policies, NAT/PAT/Port-Forwarding)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including firmware updates and patches.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues related to network, packet losses, latency, poor performance issues – This is a must.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools and policies.
- Troubleshoot performance-related issues in infrastructure and clients’ virtual environments. – This is a must.
- Troubleshoot BGP peering issues.
- Open tickets with internet/MPLS service providers, and with vendors to resolve various issues
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization
- Take regular configuration backups
Note: Office timing is from 20:00 PM to 05:00 AM - (Night Shift)